Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Auction Keepers...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction Keepers...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 am

5x5 Roto Auction, 10 team. Std 13/9, 2C lineup, $300 cap with 10 deep benches.

Current keepers:
Votto $6
Tulo $18
Trout $6
McCutchen $29
Gomez $14
Pence $9
Kershaw $23
J. Fernandez $6

Total : $111

I can substitute any of the following:
Choo $12
Longoria $24
Hosmer $8
Cl. Lee $25

Been debating Pence vs. Choo for awhile since there is only a $3 difference between them. Also debating whether to risk putting McCutchen back, but with auction inflation (which is very high in this league), I figure he costs $40+ to get back so $29 is not so bad. Opinions?
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2501)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction Keepers...

Postby eatyun » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:29 am

Your not really hurting on speed So id keep Pence over Choo. Man its tough not to keep a 8$ Hosmer, but looking over it I cant see anyone id sub for him
Please help > viewtopic.php?t=467337
eatyun
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1703)

Postby javens » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

I think you should stick with Choo. Leading off that incredible Texas lineup alone puts him above Pence in my opinion. The $3 shouldn't make a difference unless you have other guys who you would fill in with that extra $3. Especially with a high inflation rate; your only sinking the rate% x the dollars your not keeping. Keeping $3 turns into keeping $1.5 with a high inflation rate. Not sure if that extra $3 was a factor in your decision anyway but I think Choo is a better keep than Pence, regardless.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=467340
javens
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am

I think Longo is a keeper he's still a bit cheap. Here's an idea maybe Choo over Gomez?
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1766)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 pm

MadDog36 wrote:I think Longo is a keeper he's still a bit cheap. Here's an idea maybe Choo over Gomez?

Longo at 24 is a bit cheap, but the added hit to the budget simply is not worth it imo. I would have to drop someone on the list and I figure I can get Longo back for maybe $30-32 or could go after another 3b depending on who is out there.

Choo over Gomez is debatebale as well though I tend to think Gomez will steal a lot more bases while offering equivalent power to Choo.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Think about Hosmer over Pence since you have 3 outfielders already. Save a buck!
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 6)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:13 pm

I actually think you have it right on. I'd keep Pence over Choo. No one every gives Pence the credit he deserves. He is a 25/15-20 guy year in and year out. Also add the 90 RBI and 90 Runs and you have a damn good player at 9 bucks. I don't think Choo will put up equivalent numbers and I sure as hell wouldn't keep Choo over Gomez in my opinion. Gomez is coming off an awesome season and I expect equal or better numbers. I agree I would be tempted to keep Longo and Hosmer at their prices but you can Longo back for 30 bucks if you really want him and Hosmer just isn't to the level as Pence or Choo yet.

please help me out

viewtopic.php?t=467356
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2076)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

kidsilk wrote:No one every gives Pence the credit he deserves. He is a 25/15-20 guy year in and year out.

Maybe because he hadn't stolen double-digit bags since 2010 until last year, let alone a career high in a contract year.

Anyhow, Choo will probably finish close to 20/20 with the advantage in runs. I see Pence as similar to Choo, but with a bump up in HR and a reduction in SB (15). I would save the $3 and roll with the current keepers you have.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:25 pm

No way do you keep Pence over Choo. Texas is a much more hitter friendly ballpark and Choo is leading off with Andrus, Beltre and Fielder hitting behind him. He should score 100 runs in his sleep while at the same time hitting for a respectable BA, moderate power and speed.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 221)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Irish Drunk wrote:No way do you keep Pence over Choo. Texas is a much more hitter friendly ballpark and Choo is leading off with Andrus, Beltre and Fielder hitting behind him. He should score 100 runs in his sleep while at the same time hitting for a respectable BA, moderate power and speed.

He was in a very hitter friendly park in Cincy as well.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions