Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

D Wright vs E Longoria

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D Wright vs E Longoria

Postby bruuno2 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 am

For all you guys drafting at the #1 spot in a ten man league.....you need to know this.Both have been available coming back rd 3 in almost every draft I do. Your thoughts on who will fare better this year.??/
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: D Wright vs E Longoria

Postby Brainstorm » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:43 am

Depends on what you need honestly. You're going to get the power numbers from Longoria, and a little more all around from Wright but with a runs/rbi hit. I lean slightly towards Wright this year though.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=467275
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Wright on a full season should be good for 20/20 and a higher average than Longoria. You'll probably get more power and runs from Longoria. All things being equal, I'd take Wright.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:00 pm

Brainstorm wrote:Depends on what you need honestly. You're going to get the power numbers from Longoria, and a little more all around from Wright but with a runs/rbi hit. I lean slightly towards Wright this year though.

;-D I like the more rounded Wright over the straight power of Longoria. Neither team's lineup is great, so I agree that it really depends on what you're looking for.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 6)

Postby jtsandwich » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:50 pm

I'll go the opposite and say Longoria. You can find the speed throughout a 10 team league rather easily, power will be what you should get at the 3B spot.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby DaNamesBond22 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm in the same position.

I'd say Longoria. The power numbers are far better. Longoria is pretty much a lock for 30 homers and power isn't that easy to come by now a days. He should still hit .270 so you aren't sacrificing much for it either (compared to Trumbo and Alvarez hitting 30 homers but hitting .240)

The only benefit to Wright is a slightly better AVG and Speed. But if you have the #1 pick like you said, you're getting Trout, so the speed isn't as big of a deal. Trout is going to get your 30 SBs easily. So finding another stolen base guy later on shouldn't be hard to find.
DaNamesBond22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions