Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pitchers in 2014

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pitchers in 2014

Postby Saltydog » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Kennedy's on my list

Also considering Peavy, Parker, T. Hudson.

Other young guns I'm also looking at are Ventura, Paxton and Gausman (less likely to break camp after Ubaldo signing)
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Just seeing now that Peavy (finger) may start the season on the DL.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:47 pm

West wrote:
TheTrith wrote:
West wrote:Some of the names mentioned shouldn't be ranked outside the top 50, though many "experts" have them there.

Agreed. But I though that was the point of this thread?

Read the post. The whole point, according to the OP is we are only talking about pitchers outside the top 50.

I read the post.
Going by Yahoos ranks, because thats where I play 100% of my games, all the guys but Kuroda I mentioned are ranked right around 50 or later.
What am I missing?

The way I understood it is, the OP wants us to list guys who are generally ranked pretty low in the 50-60 range, that we feel *should* be ranked much higher, and are thus comfortable taking as a SP4 or SP5.
Maybe Im wrong?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Saltydog » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 pm

TheTrith wrote:
West wrote:
TheTrith wrote:Agreed. But I though that was the point of this thread?

Read the post. The whole point, according to the OP is we are only talking about pitchers outside the top 50.

I read the post.
Going by Yahoos ranks, because thats where I play 100% of my games, all the guys but Kuroda I mentioned are ranked right around 50 or later.
What am I missing?

The way I understood it is, the OP wants us to list guys who are generally ranked pretty low in the 50-60 range, that we feel *should* be ranked much higher, and are thus comfortable taking as a SP4 or SP5.
Maybe Im wrong?

Being the "OP" I guess I didn't clearly explain.

I'm looking for targets that would be outside of the Top 50-60. Looking at the guys that in your opinion would outperform their values after the first 50-60 SPs are off the board.

Peavy possibly being on the DL knocked him down a notch, but would you take him over Archie Bradley who may not make the ARI rotation?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 pm

The players being mentioned are fine, let's not worry about it too much and try to stay ON topic.

How about Drew Smyly? He's ranked way down there and could do very well in a decent pitchers park and with a good offense behind him. If he can start 25+ games, he could offer very nice returns for basically no cost.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers