Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help finding a Catcher (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help finding a Catcher (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:21 pm

15 team Auction Fantasy Points Keeper League. We start the following weekly (2-Catchers, 1-1B, 1-2B, 1-3B, 1-SS, 1-MI, 1-CI, 5-OF, 9-Pitchers, 6-Bench)

Since its a 2-Catcher league and 15 teams, I am trying to find a keeper @ Catcher.

Is this a fair deal, and something I should be trying to complete? I was thinking about offering it.

I GET:
C - E.Gattis $8

I TRADE AWAY:
P - A.Sanchez $18

Other trade-able assets I have:
P - A.Sanchez $18
P - B.Beachy $1
P - U.Jimenez $4
P - I.Nova $5
P - AJ.Burnett $3
P - J.Grilli $9

Other Catchers that seem to be available are as follows: (but I think there salaries are a tad high)
C - d'Arnaud $9
C - Zunino $11
C - Grandal $5 (he is getting offered to me as well, what could I send back? he seems to be intriguing)
C - Salty $6

But it is a keeper league and I could keep all of these guys for 2 more years
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 472)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help finding a Catcher (WHIR)

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:25 pm

That's something I would consider doing. I'm not sure if he will though. It would depend on if he really needs pitching and doesn't have high expectations on Gattis. I'm not really high on Sanchez so I would accept that trade if given to me. I would want Gattis the most out of all the options you listed.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=467216
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 461)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Philly_05 wrote:That's something I would consider doing. I'm not sure if he will though. It would depend on if he really needs pitching and doesn't have high expectations on Gattis. I'm not really high on Sanchez so I would accept that trade if given to me. I would want Gattis the most out of all the options you listed.

help on mine?
viewtopic.php?t=467216

NOT LOOKING GOOD ON MY OFFER, didn't like it (above)

Thoughts on Grandal vs d'Arnaud? this coming season and going forward. should I target them
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby Philly_05 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:34 pm

D'Arnaud easy over Grandal for me. But I wouldn't want to rely on him as my #1 in a 2 catcher league. More of a developmental guy for the 2nd slot. But you only get him for 2 more years. So you might just be keeping him warm for another guy to get the best out of him down the road.
Philly_05
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 461)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Philly_05 wrote:D'Arnaud easy over Grandal for me. But I wouldn't want to rely on him as my #1 in a 2 catcher league. More of a developmental guy for the 2nd slot. But you only get him for 2 more years. So you might just be keeping him warm for another guy to get the best out of him down the road.

Pretty much.....but them the rules, Bottom line we need 2 catchers starting weekly, and its a 15 team league, slim pick-ins so I thought I would make a move, and get a guy, as one of my 12 keepers. Before heading into the auction.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions