Return to Baseball Leftovers

Become the Expert

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Become the Expert

Postby ensanimal » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:31 pm

cordscords wrote:
2B- Robinson Cano. Cano has always hit well on the road, but losing that short porch in left does put a slight dent into his numbers. Couple that with the fact the Mariners lineup is a big step down from the Yankees, along with my gut feeling of a bad luck BABIP year/good run of health coming to an end, Robbie finds himself hovering around #10.

The park hurts but I don't think the lineup difference is that huge.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=canoro01&t=b&year=2013
RBI Opportunities
Robinson Cano -- PA: 681 RBI: 107 Actual Runners on Base: 398 (201-119-78),
ML Avg. Player with PA: 681 RBI: 70 Avg. Runners on Base: 406 (204-132-69)
Most Driven In: B Gardner 33, Self 27, I Suzuki 12, C Stewart 10, L Cruz 3, F Cervelli 3, J Nix 3, A Romine 3
Most Driven In By: Self 27, A Soriano 8, V Wells 7, L Overbay 7, T Hafner 6, D Adams 3, A Rodriguez 3, C Granderson 3

Not world beaters. And look at who hit behind him last year...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/2013-batting-orders.shtml

I think the lineup won't impact him much at all. Park yes, but at least he gets to face Astro's pitching. :-)
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Become the Expert

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:00 am

Yeah, the lineup isn't all that different. Clay Davenport projects the Yankees and Mariners to essentially score the same amount of runs (~695). Of course, we should consider that Cano himself is worth ~30 Runs Above Average on offense, so the Mariners are worth 30 runs less than the Yankees with him excluded. Not a huge difference. And of course, the park change hurts him.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers