Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any guesses on Buxton eta?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any guesses on Buxton eta?

Postby colt4523 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:51 am

I am considering him in my AL only auction league and was wondering what the cafe's estimation is on when he will be called up. Any chance he contributes this year?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any guesses on Buxton eta?

Postby J35J » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am

Sept callup
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Element » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm

J35J wrote:Sept callup

I could see Minnesota as a surprise team this season. If they catch fire pre-ASB I could see a June call up. I think that September is most likely though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby Element » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:08 pm

J35J wrote:Sept callup

I could see Minnesota as a surprise team this season. If they catch fire pre-ASB I could see a June call up. I think that September is most likely though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby kab21 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 am

MN is not surprising anybody unless their entire team has career seasons. They almost lost 100 games last year and they added Nolasco and Hughes. It would be a miracle if they went .500.

Buxton's ETA is completely unknown. Usually when prospects advance two levels in one season they usually don't do the same the following season but Buxton is a generational talent :-D . If Buxton is destroying AA in July and the Twins are starting 1-2 OF'ers that completely suck (likely) it's going to be difficult to hold him down. OTOH service time is ultra important for potential elite players. For that reason a Sept callup seems unlikely.

I'm hoping that MN does something out of character and approaches Buxton's agent midsummer with a rare pre-service time deal (like Longoria) that guarantees him a callup this year in exchange for a long term deal locking up at least two FA years (preferably with options).
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)

Return to Baseball Leftovers