Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Billy Hamilton

Postby AHF » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 pm

I don't like him in a snake draft but I am very excited about him this season since he will occupy about 1% of my payroll in a keeper league. That gives me the best of both worlds: I can start him if he is doing real well and if he struggles I can use him as a fill-in at one of the 5 OF slots or the Util slots on days when my starters aren't playing and just pick up an extraordinary number of SB's from those limited AB's. At the least, he should be very entertaining. Heck, even sitting on the bench nearly all season he still had more value to me than some of my busts from last year like Mike Moustakas.
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 am

Many players hit in all sorts of spots in the order...I figured they would give him a shot there sooner or later but the real question is he going to be able to keep that spot for longer than a month.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:20 pm

It's too bad Dusty is gone, or else he would be a lock for top of the order even if he has a .275 OBP. As it is, I believe they still want him near the top, but there is a real risk that he'll be so bad they have to bench him or platoon him. He has more real-life value off the bench than most players so it's a legitimate concern. He's not a good fit to bat 7th/8th since his speed would be wasted with the pitcher batting after him. It's sort of an all-or-nothing gamble to spend a high pick on him.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers