kidsilk wrote:You think Gardner will lose any playing time in New York with that revamped lineup? I am just a little worried about this.
I highly doubt Gardner loses playing time for a number of reasons:
1) Ellsbury has an injury history and Beltran is pretty old. I hope both play a full season, but the odds aren't extremely high that will happen.
2) Gardner is arguably the best defender they have in the OF. With how sketchy their IF defense will be, they need the strongest OF defense they can find.
3) Gardner has most versatile to shift between the three OF spots.
4) Gardner still represents the best trade chip the Yankees have. It will hurt his trade value if they aren't playing him full-time.
5) If he gets traded, the team trading for him won't do so just to put him on the bench.
That said, I would go take one speed guy and one power guy. Probably either Gardner/Swisher or Cruz/Bourn. I like Calhoun and Davis as well, but I think you can get them later in the draft. That said, you might be able to get Gardner/Swisher a little later as well, so maybe Cruz/Bourn is the best option.
Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=466346