Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2014 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2014 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby kaiser » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 am

Anyone have any opinions on whether Soriano gets the job back in Washington? Drew Storen hasn't allowed a run in his last 11 innings, and is 2-for02 in save chances since Soriano was benched.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:07 am

kaiser wrote:Anyone have any opinions on whether Soriano gets the job back in Washington? Drew Storen hasn't allowed a run in his last 11 innings, and is 2-for02 in save chances since Soriano was benched.

Who knows with Williams but Soriano hasn't looked good in a while. I would think they stick with Storen.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby kaiser » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:22 am

Will be interested to see if Storen gets the next save, or if Clippard gets a shot. Or perhaps even Soriano getting another chance. If it is Storen again, the job is probably his, regardless of the talk of "situational use" by Williams. If it is Clippard, that complicates things much more. I'd live to be able to drop Soriano to free up a roster sport for the playoffs, but I just can't do it yet.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)

Previous

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame