P- Tyler Clippard $1
P- Sergio Santos $1
P- CC Sabathia $3
P- Dan Haren $4

B- Tim Lincecum $1
B- Alex Wood $4
B- Ian Kennedy $3
B- Yovani Gallardo $1

Aybar at SS hurts. Just was running out of money and watched guys like Brad Miller get bid up to $8 to be someone's bench player. Closers went for ridiculous prices, getting Perkins for $12 early was an incredible bargain based on guys like Nate Jones and Veras going for $9-10 later on. Overall I'm pretty happy with the team. I got the most value for my $$ and am projected to finish in 1st, but that's based on my own projections so obviously I should think that.

Thinking of doing another one maybe Monday or so, but they are brutally long (almost 4 hours.)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby OBPlover » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:21 am

Here's my team in a non-standard 6X6 (OPS, Quality Starts) - MIXED H2H Auction. 12 teams.

C - Joe Mauer ($19) - I decided to splurge a bid for Mauer who projects at around $15-$17. MY main reason was the extra OPS category. True he doesn't hit a lot of HRs anymore but his walk rate and doubles usually provides a lot of extra OPS value and it's safe. Patience doesn't slump. I also like his everyday 1B function as a way to help him avoid injury.

SS- Ian Desmond ($22) I targeted Des for this league. I am not comfortable paying 30-40 for TT or Hanley. I've been burned too many times before by Tulo's injury. Reyes is also injury prone and I don't trust Segura's second half. Desmond was the only SS left before needing to really worry about avg/Hr/OPS numbers.

2B - Jason Kipnis ($29) I splurged once again being uncomfortable with paying $38 for Cano. Not comfortable with Kinsler outside of Texas. A bit of a reach but I made the executive decision that Kipnis turned a corner in the 2nd half of last year and I stand by it.

1B Jose Abreu ($10) I started running out of money so I decided to gamble on the possibility of premium production at a bargain price. Besides you gotta have 1 cuban on your team.

3B Adrian Beltre ($33) - I really, really wanted to splurge on Cabby but he went for 60 dollars and I'm not going to pay 60+ for anyone. Good solid 3B though I'm a little worried about his age.

OF - Andrew Mccutchen - ($42) - Just wanted to go with a safe "main guy". At 42 he was right at his projected value but with OPS as a category, Cutch walks enough to provide downside protection.

OF Shin Soo Choo - ($25) - A bargain. I don't think my opponents fully caught on to this whole OPS category. If Votto goes for 40 which he did, then I don't see why on earth I shouldn't pay at least 25 for another walk machine

OF Colby Rasmus ($1) - Just started to run out of money. I needed to find a bargain outfielder. I don't like how he's proj to bat 7th though. But for a buck, plenty of upside.

Util - Mike Napoli ($1) Thought this was a steal for Napoli. Not worried about the Batting Avg with Cutch, Beltre and Mauer. Everything else looked good for this kind of league.

Util Billy Butler ($7) In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have spent this much as there were other bargains around.

Offense = $189

Pitching

SP)Cliff Lee ($24) Surprised he went this cheap as almost every other top pitcher went for 25 +. With QS as a category, I love his consistency even if the Phillies suck this year
SP)Alex Cobb ($15) My general strategy in H2h auction is to buy 1 or 2 rock solid pitchers and then buy guys with plenty of upside in the 10-15 dollar range. Worse case scenario I can probably find a decent replacement pitcher. Ace potential here.
P)Danny Salazar ($10) - Similar reasons - Ace potential, needed a strikeout pitcher.
RP)Glen Perkins ($13) Didn't want to spend this much but there was absolutely no reliable closers around at this point. Some teams went closer-free and some teams had 3 or 4 closers. It was kind of weird but at least I wanted to win on saves against teams with no closers. Had to think on the fly here.RP
Latroy Hawkins ($1) I know, I have to ride the closer carousel. He plays for now.
SP) Tyson Ross, Cory Kluber, Scott Kazmir ($1 Each) High upside guys. Just plumb ran out of money. It's sleeper time.

Pitching =$66
Bench - Mark Texeira, Asavail Garcia, Eric Young Jr. (for stolens). Yovani Gallardo (praying for a miracle) Drew Hutchinson. ($1 each)

bench = $5

Overall, I like my chances. No huge weaknesses. Have Batting AVg, Power, Speed and a reliable OPS that stems from my team's super high walk rates. Pitching is a gamble. But I feel really good about Lee and Cobb and I figure at least 2 of Salazar, Ross, Kluber and Kaz will work out with my bench or waiver wire providing the rest.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 95)

Postby legoshoe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 pm

What is everyone's experience with protesting deals with Yahoo? This is my 1st pro league experience this is a pending deal:

Posey
for
Melky.

I'm all about letting managers manage their teams but am I crossing a line by submitting a protest? :-S Thanks!
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:47 pm

legoshoe wrote:What is everyone's experience with protesting deals with Yahoo? This is my 1st pro league experience this is a pending deal:

Posey
for
Melky.

I'm all about letting managers manage their teams but am I crossing a line by submitting a protest? :-S Thanks!

That does seem a bit crazy but if the guy believes Melky is for real then let him manage his team. You wouldn't want to protest the trade and then have Melky be better than Posey (even though it's unlikely).
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 368)

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:24 pm

legoshoe wrote:What is everyone's experience with protesting deals with Yahoo? This is my 1st pro league experience this is a pending deal:

Posey
for
Melky.

Not veto worthy.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby TheTrith » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

I generally hate protesting trades. It seems petty to me.
However in the YPros Im much more likely to submit a veto request simply because I only play them to make money. When a top team is trading a hurt player for a stud off a bottom feeders team I have o problem vetoing.

In the case of Posey/Melky, while I think its a stupid move by the Posey owner I wouldnt veto that. Might post a message asking why he didnt try to get a better OF or something but vetoing that seems overboard.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby TheTrith » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 pm

How is everyone doing in their YPros after 3 weeks anyway?
My 2 roto leagues are going fairly well. the H2H team, not so much.

$50 Roto #1
3rd place, 75.5 roto pts, 11.5 pts back
getting Hammels back will help, and aybe Kipnis will remember how to hit.

$50 Roto #2
1st place, 99 roto pts, 21 pts ahead of 2nd place
didnt think Id be crushing this league, but so far so good.

$20 H2H
8th place, 14-16-0, 5 games back of first
Luckily everyone is pretty close and any team can take over 1st place with a great week
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 pm

TheTrith wrote:How is everyone doing in their YPros after 3 weeks anyway?

$50 Roto #1

$50 Roto #2

$20 H2H
Luckily everyone is pretty close and any team can take over 1st place with a great week

1st place in my only pro league by like 11 points.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:44 pm

:-?
TheTrith wrote:How is everyone doing in their YPros after 3 weeks anyway?

$50 Roto #1

$50 Roto #2

$20 H2H

Ask and you shall receive I guess... Kipnis just homered.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby legoshoe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

I asked the guy getting Melky today and he said it is a 'gut instinct'. Well if it works out for him, good for him. Otherwise I'll see it as one more weaker opponent for a playoff spot.

It's a $20 H2H and I'm currently 9th at 12-16-2 sitting 8 games back. Just waiting for Miggy to open a can anyday...
legoshoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers