Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Pro Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby TheTrith » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:11 am

I was thinking about registering for that league myslef but if you two sharks are in it then I think ill pass :-D
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 408
(Past Year: 126)
Joined: 19 Jun 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby rjforlife » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:44 am

Ok I am in. One spot left, you gotta take it Trith. Worst case scenario is $20 for a night of fun, and best case you get $100 bonus in 6 months. 8 EST Roto auction, be there or be square!



Chris- I name all my Pro League teams Crash so I can keep track of which ones they are. Good luck sir.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7493
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 am

rjforlife wrote:Ok I am in. One spot left, you gotta take it Trith. Worst case scenario is $20 for a night of fun, and best case you get $100 bonus in 6 months. 8 EST Roto auction, be there or be square!



Chris- I name all my Pro League teams Crash so I can keep track of which ones they are. Good luck sir.

Good luck to you :)

I named my team moneyball to A) be clever and B) have a different name than my other leagues. Couldn't pass up moneyball in a money league!! Lol
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2567
(Past Year: 368)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby TheTrith » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Looks like the league was already full when I went to reg this morning. Sorry I cant join you guys
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 408
(Past Year: 126)
Joined: 19 Jun 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby rjforlife » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

TheTrith wrote:Looks like the league was already full when I went to reg this morning. Sorry I cant join you guys



B.S.



Image



:-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7493
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby TheTrith » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:41 pm

hahaha
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 408
(Past Year: 126)
Joined: 19 Jun 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am

Just finished my money league draft... Not bad.

C - Jason Castro $2
1B - Brandon Moss - $6
2B - Dustin Pedroia - $25
3B - Brett Lawrie - $9
SS - Elvis Andrus - $15
OF - Bryce Harper - $38
OF - Yasiel Puig - $27
OF - Justin Upton - $24
Util - Shin-Soo Choo $22
Util - Mike Napoli - $5

SP - Gerrit Cole - $17
SP - James Shields - $15
RP - Bobby Parnell - $4
RP - Rex Brothers - $4
P - Jordan Zimmermann - $14
P - Alex Cobb - $11
P - Scott Kazmir - $3
P - Brandon Beachy - $3

bench - Aramis Ramirez - $4
bench - Brett Gardner - $4
bench - Adam Lind - $3
bench - Kole Calhoun - $3
bench - Chad Qualls - $2


Bench is probably too deep for hitting, too few closers.... don't really have that true ace or that proven closer. Pitching could work out but it'll be dangerous, I'll have to rely on in-season management to cover any slack I left in the draft.

Hitting is great, and I'm excited to use my Moss/Lind platoon (combined for 46 HR, 130 RBI against right handed pitching last season). I think I drafted enough power and speed. I have some cheap power on the bench and I have Brett Gardner in case I didn't get enough speed.


I might have to make a trade for pitching, we will see.... I didn't want to leave any holes in my lineup but I took what the draft gave me. Kinda wish I just paid for an extra closer though.

At the very least I drafted a team that can compete in my only money league, so that is a plus! ;-D
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2567
(Past Year: 368)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby rjforlife » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am

I also did this draft, and I input the results and Draft Buddy shows my squad finishing second with 73 Points, 34 in hitting and 39 in pitching.

NikkiSix finishes last with 55 points, 31 in hitting, 24 in pitching.


Keep in mind that this just uses a combo of Steamer/Fangraphs projections and doesn't include bench strength, which I think NikkiSix has a lot of.

Anyhow, here was my team in the same league:


C- Santana $16
1B- Belt $6
2B- Hill $6
3B- Beltre $36
SS- Bogaerts $4
OF- Stanton $30
OF- Gomez $28
OF- Cespedes $18
Util- Seager $4
Util- Kemp $13

BN- Phillips $10
BN- Venable $3
BN- Lowrie $4

SP- Bumgarner $25
SP- Price $21
SP- Medlen $9
SP- Shark $5
SP- Ubaldo $1
SP- Ross $1
RP- Romo $12
RP- Reed $5

BN- Smyly $2
BN- Kluber $1


Overall it's a well rounded team in both offense with power and speed combo at most positions, and pitching with good Ks and two solid enough closers to keep me in the mix. My other auctions were probably a bit better, but I am still happy with this squad and 2nd in draft buddy validates my thoughts a bit. I think now I'm truly ready for my big money keeper auction on Saturday.

NikkiSix- Had a good time drafting, and good luck in the league. Maybe I'll throw you your money back when I win the league :-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7493
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:59 am

rjforlife wrote:I also did this draft, and I input the results and Draft Buddy shows my squad finishing second with 73 Points, 34 in hitting and 39 in pitching.

NikkiSix finishes last with 55 points, 31 in hitting, 24 in pitching.


Keep in mind that this just uses a combo of Steamer/Fangraphs projections and doesn't include bench strength, which I think NikkiSix has a lot of.

Anyhow, here was my team in the same league:


C- Santana $16
1B- Belt $6
2B- Hill $6
3B- Beltre $36
SS- Bogaerts $4
OF- Stanton $30
OF- Gomez $28
OF- Cespedes $18
Util- Seager $4
Util- Kemp $13

BN- Phillips $10
BN- Venable $3
BN- Lowrie $4

SP- Bumgarner $25
SP- Price $21
SP- Medlen $9
SP- Shark $5
SP- Ubaldo $1
SP- Ross $1
RP- Romo $12
RP- Reed $5

BN- Smyly $2
BN- Kluber $1


Overall it's a well rounded team in both offense with power and speed combo at most positions, and pitching with good Ks and two solid enough closers to keep me in the mix. My other auctions were probably a bit better, but I am still happy with this squad and 2nd in draft buddy validates my thoughts a bit. I think now I'm truly ready for my big money keeper auction on Saturday.

NikkiSix- Had a good time drafting, and good luck in the league. Maybe I'll throw you your money back when I win the league :-D

I never use draft buddy... And it sounds like there is a good reason for it. I think it's highly unlikely my team finishes last or even in the bottom half on draft strength alone. I guess we will see in September! :-)
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2567
(Past Year: 368)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Re: Yahoo Pro Leagues

Postby rjforlife » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 am

I think your team is solid, it just lacks power so that hurts it in the standings, and your relievers aren't that great, yet. Yours is a team that could struggle a bit early but really pickup steam as the season goes on. I definitely don't see you in last or even bottom three at all. ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7493
(Past Year: 247)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests

cron