Return to Baseball Leftovers

Forecaster darling - Danny Salazar (vs. Teheran?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Forecaster darling - Danny Salazar (vs. Teheran?)

Postby TheTrith » Sun May 18, 2014 2:14 am

Skin Blues wrote:I was more talking about the other guy and his "Lol at taking Salazar anywhere near his ADP" comment that came after a handful of starts.

I'm the"Lol at taking Salazar near his ADP" guy youre talking about, but dude...
I was saying that back in January months before most dafts:

J35J wrote:
TheTrith wrote:by TheTrith » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm
Cant go wrong with that. Anything in the mid-teens or lower is great value.
Its the guys who end up spazzing and drafting him around 10 as a #3, are the ones who are really at risk of being burned.

I disagree completely. Going after a high upside guy in round 10 is not going to hurt you nearly as much as it could help you. As long as you don't take all high risk/high reward guys and balance it out a bit, then taking a shot on a very high reward guy in round 10 is pretty much exactly what you should do. Especially if already have 2 legit SP ahead of him.

TheTrith wrote:by TheTrith » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 pm
I dunno. Im not comfortable drafting a guy to be my #3 who by all accounts will not exceed ~160 innings this year. In roto maybe thats a solid risk to take because you can make up the innings with MR's or streamed SP at the end of the year.
But in H2H i feel like its a mistake. SO much value lost when your #3 is only throwing 5-6 innings per start, and then doesn't pitch at all for you in the playoffs.
Maybe Im biased after getting burned with Moore last year... or maybe I just learned my lesson.

Ive been pretty vocal about avoiding Salazar since the beginning, and even so still ended up with him on one team (Roto) when he fell to the 13th rd, ~4 rounds after his ADP at the time, and still felt like it was a mistake taking him there.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers