Return to Field of Dreams

League Chat

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:19 am

Argh...my other pick is gone in MLB draft...will dive deeper....
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 190
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am

Burt The Butcher wrote:Argh...my other pick is gone in MLB draft...will dive deeper....


OK..checked and cross checked this guy...hopefully I dug deep enough this time...
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 190
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 am

I locked the minor league round threads and that puts an end to our draft. Well done guys.

I'm going to update the minor league part of the spreadsheet soon but I'm wondering- it might be a lot easier if guys could pm me all their minor league picks, AND also the guys that were drated in the MLB but not in espn database. It would def make my life a lot easier and don't think it would be much for each one of us to do.

Let me know what you all think.


Thanks and looking forward to the season!

Btw, let's keep all try to be very careful about who we pick up. There are many players on minor league teams and we don't want to take someones player. Once the spreadsheet is updated check the minor league portion of it to see who you can and can't pick up.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby wallace33 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:19 am

It was really easy just copying my minor league roster from the roster thread and pm'ing it to you. Thanks for all the time and energy you put in to all this. Good luck this season.
wallace33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 59
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 21 Dec 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:21 am

wallace33 wrote:It was really easy just copying my minor league roster from the roster thread and pm'ing it to you. Thanks for all the time and energy you put in to all this. Good luck this season.


Thanks! Your MiLB is updated.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby MPhilly03 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 pm

Sent PM and posted at ESPN but here is a post here as well: Picked up Edison Volquez to go in the empty roster spot that was for Miguel A. Gonzalez and wanted to make sure that the 40th slot remains open for Rossell Herrera
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 128
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

In Season Pick-ups

Postby MPhilly03 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Is there a special thread to help keep track of the in season pick-ups? I know I saw one at ESPN and I have made one as well:

Glenside (MPhilly) Using in-season pick #1 - Sending Aledmys Diaz, SS (Cardinals) to the farm.
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 128
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: In Season Pick-ups

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:43 pm

MPhilly03 wrote:Is there a special thread to help keep track of the in season pick-ups? I know I saw one at ESPN and I have made one as well:

Glenside (MPhilly) Using in-season pick #1 - Sending Aledmys Diaz, SS (Cardinals) to the farm.


I was going to keep it all on the cafe but it seems a lot easier to create a topic for each pik up or send down on espn instead. That way I can just check the espn site . The in season pik ups will be posted under the MiLB portion of the spreadsheet . Ill add a link to the spreadsheet on the home page on espn.

Pounder, BigLebowski and one more i believe that haven't submitted MiLB rosters. If you could save me some time and pm me before the next couple days it would be appreciated.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: In Season Pick-ups

Postby MPhilly03 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
MPhilly03 wrote:Is there a special thread to help keep track of the in season pick-ups? I know I saw one at ESPN and I have made one as well:

Glenside (MPhilly) Using in-season pick #1 - Sending Aledmys Diaz, SS (Cardinals) to the farm.


I was going to keep it all on the cafe but it seems a lot easier to create a topic for each pik up or send down on espn instead. That way I can just check the espn site . The in season pik ups will be posted under the MiLB portion of the spreadsheet . Ill add a link to the spreadsheet on the home page on espn.

Pounder, BigLebowski and one more i believe that haven't submitted MiLB rosters. If you could save me some time and pm me before the next couple days it would be appreciated.

That makes sense and it looks like that is what folks are doing just wanted to make that will work for you. Thanks!
MPhilly03
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 128
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Chat

Postby Burt The Butcher » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 am

How do we put a player on DL? I have several on DL, but the slots don't open up on ESPN site for me to move them there
I lost my boots in transit babe
A pile of smoking leather
Nailed a retread to my feet
and prayed for better weathe
r
Burt The Butcher
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 190
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 15 Nov 2013
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests