Return to Field of Dreams

League Chat

Moderators: sportsguy138, rvthd, Baseball Moderators

Re: League Chat

Postby rvthd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:23 am

Sorry for the delay boys. MiLB Round 1 is up. We will set the official clock to start at 12 noon Sunday Feb 23/14. Mphilly can then start us off.

Just a quick reminder that players on the MLB 40-man roster listed in the spreadsheet who are below the threshold of 150ab/50ip are still eligible for the MiLb draft as per the League Constitution.

Good luck!
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby punishers44 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:27 am

Willing to deal my one of my MiLB picks for 2 MiLB picks. I only own 9 picks after trading MiLB 1.5 for Jay Bruce and would like to get back up to 10 picks. Ideally maybe my 8th rounder for someones 9th and 10th, something like that. Please pm me and let me know. Thank you.
punishers44
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Scorpion » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 am

[code][/code][quote="rvthd We will set the official clock to start at 12 noon Sunday Feb 23/14.
[/quote]

What time zone is that?

Eastern..sorry, forgot to mention it.. :-D
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Just an fyi, looks like rnd one of milb Is done, and no rnd 2 thread.
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Scorpion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

rd two thread according to my list, every thing looks good except there's a 3 instead of a 2, and 2.7 should be burts pick not ckaster
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rvthd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 am

Scorpion wrote:rd two thread according to my list, every thing looks good except there's a 3 instead of a 2, and 2.7 should be burts pick not ckaster

Sorry, posted in a rush..should be okay now.
rvthd
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Scorpion » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:10 pm

no worries, things have gone pretty smooth overall.
Scorpion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aardvarks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:15 pm

I was hoping for Glasnow there
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby chipperjones » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 pm

does anyone think that those of us who had early picks made a mistake passing on springer? where should he really have gone?
i had a tough time choosing between him and maikel franco. i figured the power is about even, and it's just average vs speed, and i'd rather take the safe side on average and not get a guy who could go 30/30 but also hit 240. i'd prefer 30 homers with a 290 average.
i also figured that if machado ever moves over to shortstop, that i just slot sano at third and franco at CI. and i think springer will take a lot longer to figure out his game in the big leagues than most people think. while franco i think will not take that long. something about a guy that people are already saying he'll have a terrible average before he makes the big leagues just rubs me the wrong way.
whaddya guys think?
chipperjones
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Ckaster2000 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Personally, we were thrilled to get Springer. I thought he would have been a late 1st rounder. We think that outfield is fairly easy to find talent or replace, but having polanco and Springer is unbelievable insurance to us. We don't like his strike out rate, but in a roto league, it's not wise to pass up on the potential for 30/20 every year. I think his floor in the big leagues is .240/22 homers/16 steals with the ceiling being .285/31/22. He's further along in his career, so the questions about him are almost nonexistent. You know he'll be a big leaguer and a top 40 outfielder for his entire career with the chance of being a top 15 for a good 5+ years. We just think there is very little risk and pretty considerable reward.
Ckaster2000
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Field of Dreams