redsoxsucker wrote:5. Shelby Miller SP $6 – great rookie year obviously. Hard to tell how much upside but price is so cheap
6. Dominic Brown OF $4 – how much of that year was real? More upside? Too cheap to pass up?
7. Clay Buchholz SP $4 – health?
8. Josh Donaldson $4 – a fluke? Maybe too cheap to pass up here
9. James Shields $13 - I like this price and him, but his age gives me fewer years than just how young rest of team is
10. Matt Moore $16 – maybe I could buy him again around this price? The money is still good but not nearly like others
Brown seems a great one yet would be 4th OF. I would keep him And Donaldson but there is so much good VERY cheap pitching there.
Any thoughts are appreciated – I have time but never too early to start thinking about this.
I would go for Miller, Donaldson, Shields. Buchholz had a great first half, but a second half to forget. He was awful not too long ago and is always injured. Miller has much more potential and Shields is much more consistent. I like to take a chance on JD at 3B. D Brown might also be tempting but you're already full in your OF