I don't think I've thanked you for all the help yet, thanks!
- I will be picking either 11th or 12th in the first round of a snake draft (as my final position determines where I draft next year).
- I can keep six total players. Seems like Carpenter (23), Segura (23) and Harper(16) are easy decisions. Kimbrell (7), Jansen (11), T. Walker (23) and Yelich (23) are good options. I don't think using a second round pick on Scherzer or Kipnis is smart because I am pretty certain I can get either at the beginning of the second round next year (if I wanted them).
- There is some confusion regarding Price, he is also a 1st round pick next year, not a 7th rounder, quite unfortunately.
- I have the option of taking one of the following: Kershaw, McCutchen, Price, Votto, AGon, Kemp, Beltre, Pedroia and Weaver. I have so many first rounders because each player moves up two rounds from the previous year and I was active in the trade market--anyone in taken in rounds 1 through 3 this year counts as a round 1 pick next year.
- Of those its really down to Kershaw and McCutchen.
I hadn't considered the Upton/Springer comparison... actually was unfamiliar with his minor league numbers until I read your response. Was hoping for a poor man's Trout/Kemp not a BJ Upton, yikes.