If Choo hits the DL, would Hamilton come up?

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Millhouse
T-Ball Trainer

If Choo hits the DL, would Hamilton come up?

Post by Millhouse »

Choo's injury doesn't sound serious, but keep heating that it'd take an injury to open up a spot for Billy Hamilton and his gazillion SBs. Any chance he gets up for anything more than a Sept. cup of coffee?

Edit: Oops, sorry, forgot the Billy Hamilton thread in the Minor League forum.
TheTrith
T-Ball Trainer

Re: If Choo hits the DL, would Hamilton come up?

Post by TheTrith »

Theres a minor league forum?
Millhouse
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Millhouse »

TheTrith wrote:Theres a minor league forum?

Yes, such as it is.... viewforum.php?f=47
kimchi_chigae
Bouncer
Bouncer
Beginner: Yes

Post by kimchi_chigae »

Choo is back in the lineup tonight.
jfg
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jfg »

Millhouse wrote:
TheTrith wrote:Theres a minor league forum?

Yes, such as it is.... viewforum.php?f=47

Honestly, until the overhaul happens, it's probably best to stick stuff like this in Leftovers. The minor league forum doesn't get frequented that often, might as well give Leftovers some more love and keep the heart of the site ticking.
AHF
T-Ball Trainer

Post by AHF »

I think this is a totally appropriate topic for leftovers - discussion of whether a top minor league prospect may be brought up. We've seen it in the past. The problem with Hamilton is that the Reds haven't already made the move and he has struggled for so much of the year. I have no confidence we will see him for more than a cup of coffee this season. :,-(
Garry26
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Garry26 »

I don't keep track of the minors so I don't know who this Billy Hamilton is, but I assume he's some blue chipper prospect.

Isn't the roster expanded yet? They will definitely bring him up then. Also, Choo was given another day off to heal Friday I believe. He's playing today, but I think it would be better to bench him so he can take the weekend off. Its a sprained ankle right?
Millhouse
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Millhouse »

Garry26 wrote:I don't keep track of the minors so I don't know who this Billy Hamilton is, but I assume he's some blue chipper prospect.

Isn't the roster expanded yet? They will definitely bring him up then. Also, Choo was given another day off to heal Friday I believe. He's playing today, but I think it would be better to bench him so he can take the weekend off. Its a sprained ankle right?

Choo seems fine again. And Billy Hamilton broke the MLB single season stolen base record last year (155, topping Vince Coleman's 145).
WongDizzel
T-Ball Trainer

Post by WongDizzel »

he's hitting like 240 last i heard. doesn't walk much. That doesn't profile well for a major league hitter
Millhouse
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Millhouse »

WongDizzel wrote:he's hitting like 240 last i heard. doesn't walk much. That doesn't profile well for a major league hitter

Can't steal first base, as they say.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”