An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
jfg wrote:I don't know if I'd be that quick to throw out the word collusion. The first owner might be one of those guys who places way too much weight on prospects in a keeper league. If he's not playing for this year, maybe he just likes Wacha better than Gio in the long run and knows he's not going to keep Marte. The other one is hard to justify but maybe he thinks Carlos Gomez is playing way over his head and will revert back to MN Twins Gomez. But, yeah, that's a terrible trade. Bad trades happen, there's an owner in my keeper league that gets fleeced 2-3 times a year. It sucks when you aren't on the other end the trade, but it's part of the game.
Bwanna wrote:- Managers often have vastly different values for players.
- Managers will always make bad trades, but good managers will also make more good trades than bad.
- Managers that make enough bad trades will give up and quit and make room for a better manager.
- Allowing all trades with no vote or commish ruling is a good thing, not a bad thing. Commishes who can't foresee the future seldom make correct vetos, same with voting (more biased) league members.
- Many trades appear very lopsided at first, but many trades aren't as they initially appear. Case in point: Last year in a cafe dynasty league I traded Josh Hamilton and Jeremy Hellickson for Bumgarner, Olt, and 2nd round pick - caught some grief for it. I doubt I could get Bumgarner for Hamilton straight up in any dynasty league now.
- Just because two owners that are friends appear to make a lopsided trade, doesn't mean there's collusion because of all the above reasons.
- If you can't deal with short-term turbulence due to stupid mistakes by other managers, and the league isn't fun, then you should quit.
Izenhart wrote:One thing that helped is we gave each team a trade limit saying no more than 3 deals per year per two parties. Stopped a lot of the BS where the same two friends were exchanging players every weekend only to stack one team VS another for matchups, and then later in the season stacking the better team to win it.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests