Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Taveras for Sandoval in Dynasty?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Taveras for Sandoval in Dynasty?

Postby curl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm in a 20 team, 25 keeper, 30 man roster head to head league. Categories are 6x6 (5x5 + holds and OPS).

I was offered the following trade:

My Oscar Taveras

for his Pablo Sandoval

So, I love Taveras and have been getting offers for him pretty non-stop since people started jumping on the bandwagon around midseason last year. I turned most of them down pretty much as soon as I saw them, but this one makes me stop. 3B has been musical chairs for me the last several years, as I've had to acquire a replacement because my previous starter loses eligibility. So at least some stability there would be nice. And Sandoval is just about entering his prime years and Taveras still hasn't had a ML at bat. I get Taveras still has a chance to break camp with the Cards, but is the security of a guy like Sandoval enough to move Taveras? Thoughts?

My roster

C - Joe Mauer
1b - Kendrys Morales
2b - Jose Altuve
3b - Kevin Youkilis
ss - Jhonny Peralta
Of - Nelson Cruz
of - Josh Hamilton
of - Carlos Gomez
Util - Edwin Encarnacion
Util - Andre Ethier
bench- Yunel Escobar, Oscar Taveras, Logan Morrison, Colby Rasmus, Brad Miller

SP - Jon Lester, Jake Peavy, Doug Fister, Ryan Dempster, Francisco Liriano, Ricky Nolasco, Jason Hammel, Aj Griffin, Hisashi Iwakuma, Archie Bradley
RP - Joaquin Benoit, Koji Uehara, Matt Thornton, Frank Francisco, Mike Adams
curl
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Taveras for Sandoval in Dynasty?

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 pm

I have hopes for Sandoval this season despite injury and weight issues, but I think you stand pat unless you think you can win this year. Trading away a top guy like Taveras should net you someone that you can depend on for some years, and Sandoval has been making it difficult to do just that. Instead of buying into Sandoval, I bet you could possibly shop Taveras around and get a better guy from a manager who is drooling too much. As of now, I say hold off.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 6)

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 pm

I think that is a great trade for you. Sandoval will be a good upgrade and you should have another good 4 seasons from him. He's only 26.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby baegames » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 am

I hold off. Sandoval is meh for me. Taveras can be huge. Now, at midseason, maybe see what you can get for Taveras if you are contending and he's still at AAA.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=457294
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 299)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions