An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
DutchySox wrote:I don't think your pitching is that bad. It's not great, but it's also not as terrible as you think it may be. What does seem to be pretty bad, is the value these players went for. Some of them went WAY too early, compared to my 12 team keeper league draft (5 keepers per team).
Quick analysis of your pitching
- Scherzer: solid, high K, high W potential. Fourth round value. Good pick.Your relievers are near-studly, and I really like Cashner in round 23.
- Morrow: I'm worried, but if he returns to his 2011 ways he's gonna be good. 7th round seems fine.
- Lynn: I really like him (though again: 8th round is very early -- I got him in in the 13th round)
- Miley: Fine pickup. Shouldn't hurt you, but went in the 18th round of my pitching starved keeper draft).
- Estrada: Love him. Got him in the 14th round myself.
- McDonald: Went undrafted in our league. Still like him somewhat.
- Milone: 21st round for me. Okay starter.
- Hanson: Undrafted for my league. I'm worried.
So basically, your pitching is not as bad as you thought. They just did not come with the right value.
ks501 wrote:Scherzer in the fourth I think is a bad use of a fourth round pick. I'm not sure one big strike out season justifies a fourth round selection when you can really only guarantee that he'll help in one category. If you're going to spend that high a pick on a pitcher (not my style) I think you have to get somebody else. You probably could have got Yu Darvish a couple rounds later, waited on Morrow and Lynn and wound up with a similar group plus a fourth round hitter. Keeping Craig mitigates the reach a little, but man, if Scherzer is closer to 2011's rate stats, even if he finally sees over 200 innings and racks a ton of K's, you could be wishing you went in another direction.
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest