Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Sticky Spice Reserve Draft - 1st round

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sticky Spice Reserve Draft - 1st round

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 am

Hello! I'm in a 16-team mixed keeper - inaugural year. Our categories are - Hitting (total bases, RBI, R, SB, OBP, Ks) and Pitching (QS, ERA, WHIP, Ks, Sv, H). Our auction was yesterday and our 17-round reserve slow draft started this morning. I have pick #13.

Here is my roster:

C - Arencibia, Flowers
1/3/CI - Butler, Plouffe, Freeman
2/SS/MI - A Hill, Asdrubal, J-Roll
OF - Zobrist, A Rios, Fowler, Bonifacio, C Hart
UT - Kendry

P (SP) - Gallardo, Morrow, Teheran, Ogando, Beckett, Beachy
P (RP) - Gregerson, Pestano, Kenley

One key to the league is that it is weekly lineups. SInce I am already shallow at SP I was thinking about getting two SP for trying to stream two-start pitchers. Since we have QS I was thinking some veteran workhorses may work just fine, but I also am worried about backing up my hitters and the fact that I have few Sv.

Here are some players that are available - I'll kinda categorize them:

SP - W Chen, Maholm, Lohse, P Hughes, Buehrle, Straily, Arroyo, Eovaldi, Colby, Johan, AJ Griffin
RP - B Wilson, Rosenthal, J Benoit, Wilton, Bastardo, Brothers, Bard, J Soria, C Capps
OF - Leonys, G Parra, M Joyce, Delmon, C Young, Puig, J Bradley
other - G Beckham, Kelly Johnson, Chris Nelson, Berkman, Logan, Smoak, Lind, L Scott, J Francisco

I think the SP would help me the most in a money run this year, but some of those young guys like Puig, Jackie, and Leonys sure are tempting for the future. I obviously need to swap out for Corey Hart and Beachy...

What would you do?
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions