Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep Hosmer (round 12) or Rosario (round 15)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keep Hosmer (round 12) or Rosario (round 15)

Postby Carnac » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:11 am

My other keepers are Strasburg (13) and Altuve (16)

Would you keep Hosmer over Rosario? And why.

Need to declare today.

WHIR
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep Hosmer (round 12) or Rosario (round 15)

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am

well i'd keep hosmer because his pedigree is higher than that of rosario, who had a nice year but wouldn't surprise anyone if he regressed to like .240/16/67 or something this year. do you think he's a perennial 25+ HR bat and last year was only the tip of the iceberg?

obviously hosmer was discouraging last year, but don't forget that he's still got that high pedigree and in his rookie year he showed you what he's capable of.... his power hasn't blossomed, but if he starts realizing his potential he's possibly a perennial 30/100 guy, and i think his overall future prospects are brighter than willn, who like.... idk he came out of nowhere and had those ~27HRs or whatever with a dirty ~.240-.250 average and with catchers you often see someone flare up with 20+ HR and end up regressing somewhat since their primary function is to catch the ball and work with teh pitchers and the offense is secondary unless you're a piazza or something.

so yeah, given the choice of these two i'd go with hosmer for the higher upside potential down the road.... cuz with willn do you see him busting out to being a 35-40 HR bat and making last year look like a step on the path as opposed to a career year? i don't... so given that we've seen roasio's upside and it's being the #4-5 overall catcher, a position where every year you can prolly find someone to give you 15-20 HR if you hustle the waivers enough, i'd try to get myself a guy who could be a .280/30/100 type machine if he reaches his potential and keeps going,

take a look @ mine would ye?!!? viewtopic.php?t=456750
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby miracles716 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:52 am

i'd keep rosario power hitting catchers are a gem a dozen, 1st basemen not so much, please help me here

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=456775
miracles716
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 am

How many teams are in the league and what are the penalties for keeping these players year after year, if any.

Without knowing that I think I lean towards Rosario here.

Roasrio in the 15th round seems like good value, while Hosmer in round 12 is about right for where he is being drafted. You would really need to believe that Hosmer is not only going to bounce back but bounce all the way back to where he was that half season two years ago. I am not buying into the full bounce back just yet.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions