Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep Longoria or Bautista? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keep Longoria or Bautista? WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

How long are you able to keep them? indefinitely? If that's the case and you wanna keep someone who could potentially be a cornerstone player in ~5 years then i'd keep longoria. if you're gonna make a run at the league title this year and next year then i reckon bautista is the way to go.

the risk you run is that bautista stays hobbled and is his usual ~.260/35/100 type self in the OF and if longoria can somehow stay on the field he finally plays ~150/+ games and does a .280/35/115 (cuz his full-season average is something like .276/33/116 if he plays a whole season... if) and longoria is younger... but bautista is obviously the much better hitter right now, it's just that i'd say there's a 2-3 year window at most, and if you're thinking 4th-dimensionally and trying to potentially have a cornerstone down the road, then that's where longoria creeps in.

either way you're pretty set, but odds are you'll stick with bautista cuz assuming he returns from that injury and is the guy we've seen the kast few years then yeah, thats the guy you want on your squad now.... but in 2016? well with $$ involved i guess bautista is the way to go.... i'd just be cognizant of the longoria of the future thing since he's obviously the rays cornerstone player and who knows if he's just unlucky or perpetually injury prone?

take a look @ my thread, would ye?! viewtopic.php?t=456750
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep Longoria or Bautista? WHIR

Postby miracles716 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 am

They are both injury prone but the one key to me is Batista is 32 and you never know when he will fall off the map, remember 3 yrs ago no one had ever heard of him. Meanwhile Longaria is headed into his age 27 season which is usually the time when players have their career seasons, plus Longaria was on pace for the best season of his career before injury fell him last yr while Batista is already dropping in BA. K's and RBis, help me here guys:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=456775
miracles716
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions