Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Postby tdasher06 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:58 pm

I've been offered Buster Posey and Yoenis Cespedes for Mccutchen and Yadier Molina. I really don't see Mccutchen repeating his numbers from last year. Any advice would be appreciated. From many projections I have seen Cespedes and Mccutchen have similar numbers. What do you guys think?
tdasher06
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Postby plapre3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I like the deal. I'll frame my response by assessing players by their ADP (from fftoolbox) as a baseline.

McCutchen - 5
Molina - 39
Posey - 13
Cespedes - 46

In terms of ADP, the players pretty much come out as a wash. However, like you, I think McCutchen is going a bit too high. Posey is a stud and now that the Giants are doing their best to keep him safe, he represents incredible value. I'm a big believer in position scarcity, so I'd rather have Posey than McCutchen. Similarly, I think people are a little too crazy for Molina. Sure, he was great last year, but he's never had that type of season before and it seems to be a classic peak season for a player in their 30s. I've seen many "experts" rank him in the 100s overall in a draft, so I like Cespedes better. Cespedes, is of course, the biggest risk here. We don't have a ton of prior data by which to evaluate him. Even still, slightly lesser numbers from last year, extrapolated for a full season of ABs look pretty nice. If you'd be comfortable with him hitting .270 20 homers, 15 steals with nice OBP as a baseline with upside for much more, he's a nice fit.

Please help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=455913&p=3587940#p3587940
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Should i trade my first rounder?? HELP ASAP

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Yadier might not duplicate last season but even his type of season is not too shabby and I'd take McCutchen over Cespedes any day.

Cutch+Molina hang on to em.
viewtopic.php?t=455909
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1530)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions