Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading draft picks- which option is best for me?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best option

No votes
No votes
100%
No votes

Total votes : 1

Trading draft picks- which option is best for me?

Postby abrage22 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 am

This is kind of based on opinion, but I want some good input.
I'm in a 10 team h2h league(redraft), and got the 10th pick.

I've got a few opportunities to switch around some picks and want to know what option you'd go with:

Option 1-Stay with the 10th pick: I like drafting back to back, but I'm not crazy about the players at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd round.

Option 2-Switch to the 6th spot: I know I'll for sure get someone I like (Cano, Kemp, Pujols, Votto)

Option 3-Trade my 2nd and 3rd round picks (11th and 30th overall), for the 6 spot's 1st and 4th round picks (6th and 35th overall)

Option 4-Switch my 1st and 2nd for the #3 spots 1st and 2nd round picks.

Overall, I'm not a fan of what you get in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year, and so the last two options are really appealing to me.
Again, all these have been offered to me and it's not a huge deal, but just want some opinions...
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -213)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading draft picks- which option is best for me?

Postby Davesworld23 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 am

2 1st rders & 2 4th rders & no 3/4 picks is an awful option sounds good but it isn't swapping positions with the 3rd pick isn't too bad but ur better off just taking ur turn at 10 u can always grab Kershaw or verlander. & maybe both... Not likely but maybe & who knows maybe u get lucky & land votto
Davesworld23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -3)

Re: Trading draft picks- which option is best for me?

Postby Kimbos Beard » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am

fsbarren wrote:
Davesworld23 wrote:2 1st rders & 2 4th rders & no 3/4 picks is an awful option sounds good but it isn't swapping positions with the 3rd pick isn't too bad but ur better off just taking ur turn at 10 u can always grab Kershaw or verlander. & maybe both... Not likely but maybe & who knows maybe u get lucky & land votto

For Option #3, if we take rounds out of it, his picks would be (I think):

#6/#10/#31/#35 After Trade
vs.
#10/#11/#30/#31 Before Trade

I would totally do that...now! :-D

Who knows what power duo you're going to get. You might see Cano/Kemp/McCutchen at #6 and Votto/Fielder/Tulo at #10. Nice! ;-D

I like this idea. Its worth a shot that you can get a a killer Combo of Kemp/Votto or McCutchen/Votto or Fielder. Something like that.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions