Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Great Keepers...Don't Want to Screw It Up in Draft!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Great Keepers...Don't Want to Screw It Up in Draft!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 am

Don't go in with the mindset that you're going to draft X number of hitters and Y number of pitchers in the first 10 rounds. Just trust in your rankings and take the best player available who fits into your team. If that means you don't draft a pitcher for awhile, so be it. Pitching is deep and you shouldn't have a problem filling out a rotation in the mid-late rounds.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lambo1203 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:29 am

For someone who's a great trader, I certainly wouldn't worry about who to pick when. Just address what needs you see, and something I think a lot of people (including myself) fail to do is step back and look at what's still out there at each position at a few key points in the draft. If you're five rounds in and realize you're the only one without a quality speedster, maybe you reach for one early just so you keep up with the league. Make sure someone doesn't have a surplus and can then dictate what they want in return if people are willing to get one of their surplus players. Just go with the flow but realize plans may change

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=455391
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

Yeah, preconceived notions are the death of a lot of drafts. Mostly I wouldn't draft another arm early in your situation, but if a real bargain comes up you need to take it and run. Your league isn't super deep in active roster slots, so you can probably just ride the best value train for the first 7 or 8 rounds before you start having to worry about positional shizz too much.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 am

You don't quit a league unless you've done something so bad that you really shouldn't be allowed.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1766)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions