Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby go tribe » Wed May 29, 2013 12:13 am

wrveres wrote:
go tribe wrote:Crazy night.....Mariano blows the save and loses to Mets 2-1. Mets had him toss the ceremonial first pitch tonight....and then he threw the last one as well!

Perkins blows a save vs. Brewers....headed into extra innings...
as a Kuroda and Perkins owner, i cussed a little. Sorry h0rt.

Hey, better release than punching somebody....good luck...
go tribe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KobraCola » Wed May 29, 2013 12:24 am

wrveres wrote:as a Kuroda and Perkins owner, i cussed a little. Sorry h0rt.

As a Kuroda owner myself, I have to commiserate, I can't believe that win was RIGHT THERE and Rivera, of all people, blew it for Kuroda. DAMMIT MARIANO, WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE RUINED A HUGHES START
KobraCola
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed May 29, 2013 5:30 am

West wrote:I guarantee it will not be Pestano, at least in the short run.

I demand my money back.

Cody Allen has made every post a winner, I don't think he'll be far off getting the gig.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 am

KobraCola wrote:
wrveres wrote:as a Kuroda and Perkins owner, i cussed a little. Sorry h0rt.

As a Kuroda owner myself, I have to commiserate, I can't believe that win was RIGHT THERE and Rivera, of all people, blew it for Kuroda. DAMMIT MARIANO, WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE RUINED A HUGHES START

:~( Got Kuroda in both leagues and you said how I feel. Even though the sun is shining outside, its cold and dark in my world this morning.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby AHF » Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 am

AussieDodger wrote:Cody Allen has made every post a winner

Did Allen do something I missed? I am not sure what this means. Sorry - Just confused.
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Millhouse » Wed May 29, 2013 10:10 am

go tribe wrote:
Norby wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Ok. I was wondering why they went with Thad Weber and not Janssen today.

Cecil has been great and he hasn't been too bad against RHH either. I'd guess Delabar gets first crack for being a RHP. He's also a bit of a media darling in Toronto because of his story.

As a Janssen owner myself, i'm gonna pass for now until i hear something more concrete. The Blue Jays haven't even had a save opportunity for over two weeks now, so it's not like i'm missing anything.

Smart to wait....i got all caught up in the Tribe stuff...and dropped Henderson while on the DL for 2 weeks to pick up Cody Allen. oooops.

Sometimes, though, there's no time to wait. If you're in a remotely competitive league -- and I'm not saying you're NOT, just making a point -- guys are always looking to scoop their competition, especially when it comes to speculating on valuable saves. So, you have to roll the dice and make an educated guess (with help from places like the Cafe) on who might "the guy" if the closer goes down. Hence why I picked up Delabar last night over Cecil. Will Janssen even go on the DL? Who knows. Will Delabar even get the gig if Janssen DOES his the DL? Who knows. But I (and a lot of owners) don't have the luxury of time to sit back & see who gets the first opportunity or two and THEN pounce. So I just went with my gut that Toronto might give Janssen some rest, and rolled the dice on Delabar. My 2¢.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

so much for waiting on Fujikawa to close. TJ surgery, he done.

Kyuji Fujikawa needs season-ending Tommy John surgery on his right elbow.
The hope was that he was dealing with a forearm strain, but it's actually the worst-cast scenario. It's brutal news for the Cubs, who brought Fujikawa on board over the winter on a two-year, $9.5 million contract. The surgery figures to keep him out of action until the early part of the 2014 season.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby go tribe » Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

vinnie in to close out masterson's win over the reds. four run cushion. Masterson through 6. Allen in 7. Smith in 8.
go tribe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby go tribe » Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 pm

go tribe wrote:vinnie in to close out masterson's win over the reds. four run cushion. Masterson through 6. Allen in 7. Smith in 8.

Holy Crap. First Red up homers off Vinnie. 5-2. Allen 3 up, 3 down, 2Ks. Smith gave up a single.
go tribe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby go tribe » Wed May 29, 2013 9:58 pm

go tribe wrote:
go tribe wrote:vinnie in to close out masterson's win over the reds. four run cushion. Masterson through 6. Allen in 7. Smith in 8.

Holy Crap. First Red up homers off Vinnie. 5-2. Allen 3 up, 3 down, 2Ks. Smith gave up a single.

Door Closed. Save Vinnie.
go tribe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame