Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 18, 2013 9:28 am

Since coming off the DL... 4.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 6 K... how long until Fujikawa is closing games for the Cubs again? We just waiting for Gregg to reveal himself?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go tribe » Sat May 18, 2013 9:43 am

wish sveum would just make the move. holding both gregg and fuji....and could use the roster spot for another starter....blow up already!
go tribe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat May 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Janson came in the 8th inning with a lead and gave up back 2 back homers and took the loss. Might have bought League some more time.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Ender » Sat May 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Axford throwing 97 with good offspeed tonight. I think it is probably too late but he is at least somewhat workng his way back into the picture.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby West » Sun May 19, 2013 7:21 am

Thanks for the useful update, Ender. Now he has K-Rod to contend with. I dropped Axford about two weeks ago, finally gave up on him in a fairly deep league. I would say whichever of K-Rod or Axford takes over the setup role is next in line. But Henderson has hardly even a blemish on his record right now.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby eneric » Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 am

For what it's worth to anyone I am the type of person who refuses to drop players until I absolutely have to. I sometimes hold onto palyers too long, I dropped Axford over a week ago and I don't think I'm going to miss him.

So is Tasawa still next in line if & when Bailey goes down again?
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby West » Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 am

Yes. Last I heard they prefer Uehara in the 8th. Uehara only got the save the other day because Tazawa had pitched 2IP the night before.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 am

West wrote:Thanks for the useful update, Ender. Now he has K-Rod to contend with. I dropped Axford about two weeks ago, finally gave up on him in a fairly deep league. I would say whichever of K-Rod or Axford takes over the setup role is next in line. But Henderson has hardly even a blemish on his record right now.

As a Brewer fan every time they put Axford in for a high leverage situation I yell at my TV so I haven't had much faith. Last night was a bit encouraging though, 1st time he really looked like a good pitcher all year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby West » Sun May 19, 2013 1:07 pm

The velocity was there for much of April but his location was terrible. Hope he comes back around, I can really see him as a great mid-tier closer again. Henderson has been terrific though and if I was RRR I wouldn't mess with a good thing.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame