Postby dezaysb » Wed May 08, 2013 1:49 am

thanks, so not a big rush to pick up bell. ill wait for an update
dezaysb
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby nymets300 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 am

Early word is elbow stiffness for Putz, could be trouble.Similar to Boston the other night, gonna be tough to speculate. I'd say either Hernandez or Bell with Reynolds as an outside chance. I picked up both Hernandez and Bell until we hear more.
nymets300
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby converge241 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:27 am

Agree with could be trouble, he has had problems all year and this didnt "look good"

guessing the replacement is tough, I have one each of the three in different leagues but cant push behind any of them with confidence (owned Hernandez and reynolds in a couple for a bit JUST took flyer on bell in one other as a FA)

They may have went with hernandez tonight BUT he already pitched in the game

Reynolds has the best stats BUT is the dreaded lefty needed in the bullpen

Bell has the "experience factor" his ERA looks terrible but he has had a good K/BB ratio

I kind of tried to list them in order of most likely IMO with gun to my head..margin of error/confidence level: +/- 100%
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 am

Reynolds hasn't allowed a run yet this season in 16.1 IP, while having 1 BB, 1r K, and only giving up 7 H.
he doesn't have closing experience, and he is a left handed. couple things working against him.
but both Bell and Hernandez haven't been as effective this season.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby converge241 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 am

twitter/rotoworld

Kyuji Fujikawa (forearm) will pitch in a set-up role when he returns from the disabled list.
Fujikawa was the Cubs' closer when he landed on the disabled list last month, but Kevin Gregg has emerged as the club's ninth-inning man during his absence. We still think Fujikawa will get saves chances eventually, but it's probably not a bad idea to ease him back into things and get some success under his belt.

Cubs manager Dale Sveum confirmed Wednesday that Kevin Gregg will serve as the team's closer.
Sveum has declined to make anything official until now, but he finally acknowledged Wednesday that Gregg has earned the opportunity. The veteran right-hander is a perfect 5-for-5 in save opportunities and has now allowed a run in 7 1/3 innings this season. We don't think his run of success will last long, but he should be owned in all fantasy formats. Kyuji Fujikawa will serve as a set-up man when he returns from the disabled list.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby wingman3110 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm

No way Gregg lasts IMO
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)

Postby Millhouse » Wed May 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Bell named interim closer for Putz http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3956/heath-bell
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Postby eneric » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Millhouse wrote:Bell named interim closer for Putz http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3956/heath-bell

OH come on!!! Hernandez has been called their closer of the future for a while now, now this? !! My money is still on Hernandez. I wonder how serious Putz's injury is?
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't know what changes Bell has made this season. his K are the highest of his career (12.83 K/9). his BB are the lowest of his career (2.03 BB/9).

both Bell and Hernandez were gone in my 16 team league, so I picked up Reynolds. I'm biased then, and hope it goes to Reynolds.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby BJSFAN123 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Was hoping it would be Hernandez too..having Bell on my team scares me.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -14)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame