Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Crippler » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 pm

jackie hayes wrote:
Applewalk wrote:Will Fujikawa get the closer role when he comes back? I couldn't imagine why they would pull Gregg from the role.

See my post a couple pages back (the Sun-Times predicting he'll return as the closer). But, I know I've seen speculation in the past that Fujikawa would be used as a setup guy. It sounds like everyone's reading tea leaves -- I haven't seen anything definite yet.

You're over-thinking this.

No chance they pull Gregg unless he stumbles and gives away the job.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Seriously, I go out to dinner and miss the entire Boston situation unravel. I get home and Uehara's been picked up, and then dropped for Tazawa. I miss everything. :-b :-t
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jackie hayes » Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Crippler wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:
Applewalk wrote:Will Fujikawa get the closer role when he comes back? I couldn't imagine why they would pull Gregg from the role.

See my post a couple pages back (the Sun-Times predicting he'll return as the closer). But, I know I've seen speculation in the past that Fujikawa would be used as a setup guy. It sounds like everyone's reading tea leaves -- I haven't seen anything definite yet.

Okay, and if you have a quote from Sveum/Epstein/Hoyer to that effect, I'll believe it. I've seen too many odd things with closers to believe it's always so cut-and-dry.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Shermanator » Tue May 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Crippler wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:

This.
If Fuji was lights out before the DL stint, maybe he regains it right away. But as for now Gregg is the one to own. And may God help us all
Shermanator
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)

Postby converge241 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 pm

When Gregg signed that minor league deal I felt no way he even gets a chance, but he did and hes running with it. Its not like Fujikawa was doing the job for years and then went down. Gregg is the ever loved "established" closer and he has momentum on his side as well.

If you have bench space and unlimited transactions feel free to speculate on Fuji for if/when Gregg falters but I dont see any change coming as of this writing. Emphasize the usual caveat that anything can happen/change in these bullpens at any time ;)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby converge241 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Kimbrel looking very human again - whats up?
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Right after I type that, after blowing the save, he blows the whole game
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Another save for Gregg
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dezaysb » Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 am

what happened to putz? I tuned in and heath bell had just replaced him. 3 up 3 down for the save. Is Heath stepping in?
dezaysb
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed May 08, 2013 1:47 am

dezaysb wrote:what happened to putz? I tuned in and heath bell had just replaced him. 3 up 3 down for the save. Is Heath stepping in?

Putz was taken out after a 4 pitch walk. He was shaking his hand. Numbness? Bell was warming in the pen along with Putz before the Goldy homer.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame