Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby etex211 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 pm

I need to trade for a closer in one of my leagues. One of the other guys has expressed an interest in trading one away and says he needs offense. I will offer him an outfielder for a closer. He has three closers on his team:

Soriano
Janssen
Perkins

I am only interested in saves for this season. I don't care about any other numbers. Which of the three closers above do you like? I think I like them in the order I have them listed.

Thanks.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 pm

I am only interested in saves for this season. I don't care about any other numbers. Which of the three closers above do you like? I think I like them in the order I have them listed.

This.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)

Postby etex211 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

wingman3110 wrote:

This.

Thanks.

Do you think Markakis for Soriano would be fair to both sides?

My outfielders are CarGo, Stanton, Markakis, Jay, and Rajai Davis. I'm not giving up Cargo or Stanton. I don't think Jay or Davis is enough.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is becoming a little too cluttered with trade & add/drop questions?

(For those who don't know, these should really go in the DTKW forum. This thread is for closer news/limited general discussion of closers, not specific trade/pickup questions. It just gets too cluttered if everyone posts those here, and it becomes difficult to find actual news.)

And I replied to one such question, so I'm not exempting myself from blame, nor am I trying to single anyone out. Just saying.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 16)

Postby etex211 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:20 pm

jackie hayes wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this thread is becoming a little too cluttered with trade & add/drop questions?

(For those who don't know, these should really go in the DTKW forum. This thread is for closer news/limited general discussion of closers, not specific trade/pickup questions. It just gets too cluttered if everyone posts those here, and it becomes difficult to find actual news.)

And I replied to one such question, so I'm not exempting myself from blame, nor am I trying to single anyone out. Just saying.

Sorry for violating the rules. I didn't realize there are rules. I'll be happy to delete my posts if they are objectionable.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

etex211 wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this thread is becoming a little too cluttered with trade & add/drop questions?

Sorry for violating the rules. I didn't realize there are rules. I'll be happy to delete my posts if they are objectionable.

It's not a big deal, I'm just hoping it doesn't become a trend. I don't think you need to delete anything, just start a new thread over in the DTKW forum and continue the discussion there.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 16)

Postby angels7777 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:32 pm

I prefer Perkins over Janssen due to the injury risk.
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 346)

Postby West » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Etex, we're happy to help. There is no problem with questions as long as they are closer related. Asking us to rank closers is fine. As another poster said, please ask the trade questions in the correct forum ;-D

I would rank them
Soriano
Perkins
Jannsen

Rondon and Coke did not look good today. I would say Benoit is second in line but I wouldn't be surprised to see Albuquerque used in high leverage situations going forward. He has been lights out lately and could be the handcuff if Valverde falters.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby West » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 pm

"There are days when it just doesn't feel good," said Janssen, whose collarbone was shaved down during the offseason. "You can't always play catch like you want to, or get loose as fast as you want to, but nothing that's going to set me back or re-injure [the shoulder].

"It's more if I could get a couple of ticks more on my velocity, if I could warm up a little bit ... I wouldn't say quicker, but more crisp, so it doesn't take as long to warm up."

Janssen has experienced a noticeable drop in velocity through the first three weeks of the season. His four-seam fastball and sinker have averaged 90 mph, according to Brooks Baseball, compared with 92 mph for both pitches last season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... r&c_id=tor
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby datelin3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 pm

I think Huston Street could be on the block around the deadline .. Who is the handcuff? Gregerson?
datelin3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 17)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame