Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD (PRE-SEASON)

Postby TitsMcGahee » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Does anyone know what happened with Milwaukee? Henderson pitched a scoreless 8th inning for some reason, some dude named Kintzler got the 9th and a win, and Badenhop the save...
TitsMcGahee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby isayfujobu » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

more cubs dumpster fire
isayfujobu
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Camp gets two quick outs, I pick him up to pair with Russell and he promptly blows the save giving up a HR to Pence. :-S
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm

TitsMcGahee wrote:Does anyone know what happened with Milwaukee? Henderson pitched a scoreless 8th inning for some reason, some dude named Kintzler got the 9th and a win, and Badenhop the save...

Milwaukee was behind, and Holliday-Craig-Molina were coming up. Nothing unusual, Henderson is still the closer.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 16)

Postby West » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 pm

isayfujobu wrote:Boggsplosion in process...single, RBI-double, fielders choice bunt safely...insta-yanked.

isayfujobu wrote:more cubs dumpster fire

threelions wrote:Badenhof pitched 1/3 inning and got the SV.
Camp in for SV in chicago.

BronXBombers51 wrote:Camp gets two quick outs, I pick him up to pair with Russell and he promptly blows the save giving up a HR to Pence. :-S

You guys are all looking for this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=458452

As for today's events, I think there is a really good chance that Russell has the best shot at taking the job in Chicago, at least temporarily. I can also see Marmol might getting another shot before Fujikawa comes off the DL.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 pm

I don't know if it was covered yet, but Hanrahan will be off for a few days.
Joel Hanrahan will be sidelined for at least the next few days due to a right hamstring injury.
It sounds like he'll probably avoid a stint on the disabled list, though it's possible that could change if Hanrahan doesn't feel improvement over the next couple days. Red Sox manager John Farrell said it's a "manageable situation," but he admits the closer's mechanics have been compromised. Andrew Bailey will handle the ninth inning for now.

for this thread (PRE-SEASON) ..isn't time to create a new IN SEASON (or whatever you want to call it) thread, and lock this one? not pre season anymore.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby West » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:44 am

The mods can just rename it.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 am

Cardinals manager Mike Matheny indicated Sunday that Edward Mujica might be tried at closer.
Mitchell Boggs has been awful in place of the injured Jason Motte (elbow) and Trevor Rosenthal hasn't been much better in a setup role. "Right now, Mujica’s making good pitches and getting the big outs when we need them," Matheny told reporters on Sunday evening. The right-hander is worth adding right now in most fantasy leagues.

Worth a grab. Just added him in both my leagues.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:44 am

Mujica likes Boggs as the closer.
#Cardinals setup man Edward Mujica, a steadying hand, has opinion on who should handle the ninth inning:

"For me, Boggsy is the man right there," said righty Edward Mujica, who has pitched the seventh inning mostly for the Cardinals. On Sunday, he helped the club escape from a ninth-inning mess, and afterward he made the case for a status quote with Mitchell Boggs in the ninth. "He’s got the ninth inning. Rosey has the eighth and I’ve got the seventh. Boggsy is the man. He has to be there. He’s got pretty good stuff. He’s got pretty good stuff. We’re trying to keep it going because we’ve got a long season. It’s different (in the ninth). It’s totally different in those three innings, very different in the ninth. You have to go out there and be as quick as possible. You try to have the save and the win for the team. It's totally different (in the ninth). You have to prepare your mind and everything."
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

SpecialFNK wrote:Mujica likes Boggs as the closer.
#Cardinals setup man Edward Mujica, a steadying hand, has opinion on who should handle the ninth inning:

"For me, Boggsy is the man right there," said righty Edward Mujica, who has pitched the seventh inning mostly for the Cardinals. On Sunday, he helped the club escape from a ninth-inning mess, and afterward he made the case for a status quote with Mitchell Boggs in the ninth. "He’s got the ninth inning. Rosey has the eighth and I’ve got the seventh. Boggsy is the man. He has to be there. He’s got pretty good stuff. He’s got pretty good stuff. We’re trying to keep it going because we’ve got a long season. It’s different (in the ninth). It’s totally different in those three innings, very different in the ninth. You have to go out there and be as quick as possible. You try to have the save and the win for the team. It's totally different (in the ninth). You have to prepare your mind and everything."

I wouldn't expect him to say anything different...not really news worthy.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame