2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Only the best of the best Cafe threads make it into the Cafe Hall of Fame. Have a look at some of the most popular threads over the years and show some love.
Skin Blues
T-Ball Trainer

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD (PRE-SEASON)

Post by Skin Blues »

I can't imagine they don't go to Fujikawa because of one bad outing. Didn't allow a baserunner in his first two times out, either. I wouldn't bother with Russell or Camp because even if by chance they're thrown into the role they'll probably lose it in a couple weeks anyway, and won't be so kind to the ratios.
SpecialFNK
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: CA- B McCann
1B- A Gonzalez
2B- G Beckham
3B- E Encarnacion
SS- E Andrus
CI- M Teixeira
MI- A Escobar
OF- J Heyward
OF- A Jones
OF- J Pierre
OF- D Span
UT- J Damon
UT- K Ka'aihue
BN- A Cabrera
BN- D Espinosa
BN- P Bourjos
BN- B Francisco

SP- C Kershaw
SP- C Hamels
RP- H Bell
RP- J Axford
P- J Rauch
P- D Haren
P- H Kiroda
P- J Vazquez
BN- J Hellickson
BN- M Pineda
BN- A Harang

Post by SpecialFNK »

there is no way to know how Fujikawa would do right away, he's only had 3 games/2.1 IP in the majors.

I picked up Russell in a 16 team league, but I'm hoping to throw him into a trade package to sway it my way.
West
T-Ball Trainer

Post by West »

rotoquest
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5x5 12 team Roto (Cbssportsline)
Leftovers League
5x5 Roto (Yahoo)

Post by rotoquest »

Holland pulled in the ninth in favor of Herrera after giving up 2 hits. Get to that waiver wire!
rotoquest
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5x5 12 team Roto (Cbssportsline)
Leftovers League
5x5 Roto (Yahoo)

Post by rotoquest »

rotoquest wrote:Holland pulled in the ninth in favor of Herrera after giving up 2 hits. Get to that waiver wire!

Maybe not, he just gave up a hit & a run. :-o
killerbeez
T-Ball Trainer

Post by killerbeez »

Cishek blew a save today after Fernandez put forth a terrific debut. Any thoughts if Cishek will have something to worry about? Who will take his spot and is it even worth visiting since its the Marlins?
West
T-Ball Trainer

Post by West »

Herrera is a great stash right now although he's likely gone in most competitive leagues. I believe Crow is next in line.

killerbeez wrote:Cishek blew a save today after Fernandez put forth a terrific debut. Any thoughts if Cishek will have something to worry about? Who will take his spot and is it even worth visiting since its the Marlins?

Cishek should have a long leash - he was decent last year once he got the job but also the next option is Rauch who is terrible. Rauch puts far too many balls in play to be a reliable closer so even if he gets the job you will hate owning him. That said if you are desperate and need someone to speculate on....
Izenhart
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Izenhart »

killerbeez wrote:Cishek blew a save today after Fernandez put forth a terrific debut. Any thoughts if Cishek will have something to worry about? Who will take his spot and is it even worth visiting since its the Marlins?

Drop Kenley Jansen for Jon Rauch??? WHIR!!! :-o :-o :-o

I am not sure how deep of a league I would have to be in to care who is next to the ERA slaughter for the sake of a handful of saves.
isayfujobu
T-Ball Trainer

Post by isayfujobu »

This is madness. J, nice call on Herrera.

Bad week to own Holland, Wilhelmsen and Putz. :(
Ender
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Ender »

Axford looked pretty bad in his perfect inning. Two balls hit to the warning track, one pitch thrown 5 feet over the hitters head etc. Big Jim Henderson actually looked really good in his one inning. Spoke too soon. Axford came back out in the 10th and gave up a hit and a HR.
Last edited by Ender on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cafe Hall of Fame”