Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Quackman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
I think Bell is still the closer for awhile, even with the terrible play. Everyone has just been assuming Putz would get it right back because Bell has been doing so bad but the team never said anything. Im sure they want Putz back at closer but it could be weeks from now.



Have you had your head in the sand for the past few days?

Putz HAS gone straight back to the closers role and Bell HAS gone back to a middle relief role. No speculation here at all. It's done.



someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 556
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby eneric » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Kodiak wrote:Anyone see any news on Brian Wilson? I haven't seen anything newer than June 21, and that was a Boston Globe story encouraging the Red Sox to see how his rehab was going.

Gracias,
Kodiak :-D


Funny you should bring that up Kodiak. I was just talking with one of my fantasy baseball friends who keeps in touch with Will Carroll who is a local resident here in Indy where we live. Will told my friend that Wilson was living it up out in Hawaii as of late & has put aside most if not all of his rehab for now. The way he made it sound is as if Wilson's interest in coming back is minimum for now. I wouldn't look for him to return this season at all.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby eneric » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 pm

daullaz wrote:New Bottom of the 9th is now live.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... t90702.php


Thanks Head Scribe for that link, I enjoyed reading that so keep it coming.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 341
(Past Year: 32)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby NZ Eff » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
I think Bell is still the closer for awhile, even with the terrible play. Everyone has just been assuming Putz would get it right back because Bell has been doing so bad but the team never said anything. Im sure they want Putz back at closer but it could be weeks from now.



Have you had your head in the sand for the past few days?

Putz HAS gone straight back to the closers role and Bell HAS gone back to a middle relief role. No speculation here at all. It's done.



someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol



What I wrote was completely correct. The fact that Gibson has had an apparent change of mind since Sunday is irrelevant.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1483
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Quackman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Have you had your head in the sand for the past few days?

Putz HAS gone straight back to the closers role and Bell HAS gone back to a middle relief role. No speculation here at all. It's done.



someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol



What I wrote was completely correct. The fact that Gibson has had an apparent change of mind since Sunday is irrelevant.



WRONG. My post was just made yesterday. It had already been released that bell was closer. but nice try. Even if you didnt follow whats going on, just watching putz pitch made it pretty obvious.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 556
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby NZ Eff » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Quackman wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Quackman wrote:

someone has their head in the sand but its not me. really glad you capitalized HAS so i can understand your point better which is wrong.lol



What I wrote was completely correct. The fact that Gibson has had an apparent change of mind since Sunday is irrelevant.



WRONG. My post was just made yesterday. It had already been released that bell was closer. but nice try. Even if you didnt follow whats going on, just watching putz pitch made it pretty obvious.


:-?
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1483
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:46 am

Most of the focus has been on Gallardo, but it's worth mentioning that the DBack-Milwaukee rumors also involve Axford, Henderson, and K-Rod.

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbb ... s/13968829

Interesting, especially with the Henderson/KRod confusion.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 2071
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Shermanator » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 am

Who would be next in line to close in DET? Rondon? Smyly? Albequerque? Or is it total guess work right now
Shermanator
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 199
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 May 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Shermanator » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

Also, just a tidbit from a Phillies homer.... If the Phils move Papelbon, there is no doubt in my mind That Justin DeFratus will get the first crack at closing
Shermanator
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 199
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 22 May 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron