Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby wingman3110 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm

etex211 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:
etex211 wrote:Since the Indians named Pestano closer on May 27, they have gone 2-10 and have had zero save situations. Pestano has made three appearances during that time.

And that is Pestano's fault? Confused as to what you are trying to get at here..

I am pointing out the info. I thought it was relevant. It doesn't matter how good the player is if he never gets the opportunity to perform.

This thread has way too many self-appointed policemen that continually bash the posts made by others.

I, personally, think it is irrelevant information. Pestano is better than Perez, and many people have acknowledged that and agree. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Indians being 2-10 since May 27th. Saves come in bunches at times. Who's to say Pestano doesn't pick up 4 saves this week? Very possible.

Pissing contest over. Back to closer talk.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Izenhart » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Boston hasn't seen a save opp in awhile. Either they back into a 3 run lead or blow the game open. I think since Bailey and Hanrahan got hurt they've only have 1 save opp, which Tazawa blew and picked up the win. What's the scoop in Boston for saves right now?
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby Norby » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:58 pm

My team is the king of no-save opps this season. I have Janssen who recently went 2 weeks + without a chance. I also have Holland who didn't get a chance when the Royals we're being the same old Royals and losing every game. And now it's Bailey, who i also own. He's now gone over 2 + weeks without a chance. It's really getting frustrating having good closers and not getting any chances (especially in my H2H points league where closers really matter).
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Quackman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Ive heard Street, Holland as closers that could "potentially" be traded. Anyone else that people are talking about?
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby etex211 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
etex211 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:
And that is Pestano's fault? Confused as to what you are trying to get at here..

I am pointing out the info. I thought it was relevant. It doesn't matter how good the player is if he never gets the opportunity to perform.

This thread has way too many self-appointed policemen that continually bash the posts made by others.

I, personally, think it is irrelevant information. Pestano is better than Perez, and many people have acknowledged that and agree. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Indians being 2-10 since May 27th. Saves come in bunches at times. Who's to say Pestano doesn't pick up 4 saves this week? Very possible.

I thought the purpose of this thread was about how to acquire saves in fantasy baseball. If a team fails to offer save opportunities for a significant period of time, I consider it to be relevant information.

Whatever, I'll not bother you in your thread again.

Enjoy.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

etex211 wrote:

Agreed ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 pm

ayebatter wrote:
etex211 wrote:

Agreed ;-D

this. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Andrew Bailey blew a save tonight for the Red Sox against the Rays, with 2 runs in the 10th. Tazawa who was already used in the 8th, also gave up a run to tie the game at the time.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:30 pm

etex211 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:
etex211 wrote:

I thought the purpose of this thread was about how to acquire saves in fantasy baseball. If a team fails to offer save opportunities for a significant period of time, I consider it to be relevant information.

Whatever, I'll not bother you in your thread again.

Enjoy.

I don't know that there's any predictive value in looking at a team's lack of save opportunities in such small sample sizes like 2-3 weeks. Aside from a manager continually putting a a gas can into hold situations in the 7th or 8th, 99% of the time it's just variance and shouldn't be expected to continue. I know that's a boring answer and people love to find patterns and create narratives but most of the time it doesn't make any sense to do that. The Indians have a bunch of great relievers so I wouldn't worry about them getting save opportunities.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby nutjobs » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 am

I could be wrong, but I believe I just witnessed Brandon League lose his closers role.
nutjobs
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame