Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Re: 2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Bozo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:06 am

I'd go with Peralta, he seems like the most consistent of the four and I can't recall him blowing up at all. McGee had a couple of implosions earlier in the year as has Doolittle including today.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IonZephyr » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:50 am

Bozo wrote:I'd go with Peralta, he seems like the most consistent of the four and I can't recall him blowing up at all. McGee had a couple of implosions earlier in the year as has Doolittle including today.

I was soooo tempted to get doolittle as he was a stud not too long ago, but he seems to be in a major funk all of a sudden.

I might pickup wilson AND probably peralta.

any other input?
My 14 team league (Redraft H2H)
C McCann
1B M.Carpenter
2B Hill
3B Beltre
SS Desmond
OF: DeAza/Moss/R.Davis
BN: Rizzo
DL: Kemp
SP: Wainwright, Kuroda, Peavy, Garza, Gallardo, Cingrani, Leake, Wacha
RP: Romo, Cishek, Frieri
IonZephyr Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Henderson is back, but Rodriguez will still get some saves.
Brewers activated RHP Jim Henderson from the 15-day disabled list.
Henderson missed the minimum amount of time with a strained right hamstring. The hard-thrower posted a 0.92 ERA, 0.81 WHIP and 23/5 K/BB ratio through 19 2/3 innings before going down. He will get his closer job back, though manager Ron Roenicke plans to give Francisco Rodriguez a chance to get to 300 career saves. K-Rod is at 298 saves after notching his fourth of the season on Saturday.

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said that while Jim Henderson is his closer, he will give Francisco Rodriguez a chance to get to 300 career saves.
Rodriguez is at 298 saves after recording his fourth of the season on Saturday. It's unclear when the opportunities will come, but fantasy owners in need of saves can probably hang on to K-Rod for a while longer. He's been great for the Brewers this season, posting a 0.87 ERA and 0.68 WHIP over 11 appearances.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 pm

It kinda sucks for both K-rod and Hendo owners.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Millhouse » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Gregerson pretty beaten up today. 3-run lead, gave up 3 runs on 4 H and a BB in 2/3rds of an inning. Ouch.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 151)

Postby NZ Eff » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Millhouse wrote:Gregerson pretty beaten up today. 3-run lead, gave up 3 runs on 4 H and a BB in 2/3rds of an inning. Ouch.

Surprised his arm didn't falloff in the process. Used by the Padres 8 times in the past 11 days and only three of them in save situations. The signs were there yesterday that he was struggling with overuse as he didn't have the usual control on his slider. Bud Black is an idiot. Not only for abusing Gregerson unecessarily in a non- save situations for the past fortnight but also for pitching to Cargo with first base open. That was stupidity even with Tulo on deck.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby etex211 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:18 am

Since the Indians named Pestano closer on May 27, they have gone 2-10 and have had zero save situations. Pestano has made three appearances during that time.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

2013 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby wingman3110 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 am

etex211 wrote:Since the Indians named Pestano closer on May 27, they have gone 2-10 and have had zero save situations. Pestano has made three appearances during that time.

And that is Pestano's fault? Confused as to what you are trying to get at here..
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 45)

Postby etex211 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 am

wingman3110 wrote:
etex211 wrote:Since the Indians named Pestano closer on May 27, they have gone 2-10 and have had zero save situations. Pestano has made three appearances during that time.

And that is Pestano's fault? Confused as to what you are trying to get at here..

I am pointing out the info. I thought it was relevant. It doesn't matter how good the player is if he never gets the opportunity to perform.

This thread has way too many self-appointed policemen that continually bash the posts made by others.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:40 am

etex211 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:

I am pointing out the info. I thought it was relevant. It doesn't matter how good the player is if he never gets the opportunity to perform.

This thread has way too many self-appointed policemen that continually bash the posts made by others.

Eh, I tend to agree with wingman on this one. The fact that Pestano has had no chances has nothing to do with Pestano's performance and everything to do with a random 12 game saveless stretch. In my opinion, it has zero bearing on the closer situation in Cleveland.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame