This is a pay league $25/year. Check out link for League Charter and settings. Email Bryan, if interested -- email@example.com
. I am just a member attempting to recruit a couple of guys. I have never played with any of them so I can not vouch for it, but it sounds fun to me.http://realdealfranchise.proboards.com/ ... y&thread=1
This is a H2H points scoring leaned very heavily to hitters. It will be run through fantrax.
I. Concept and Overview
A. This is a PAY league that will be hosted on Fantrax and is designed to give each GM the most realistic MLB franchise building experience possible through the fantasy sports environment.
1. The League fee will be $25 for at least the first two seasons. We will vote as a league to decide whether to increase the fee in future seasons.
2. The cost to run this league on Fantrax website with all premium content is $60 (8% of League Fees) per season.
3. Remaining funds will be distributed in the following manner...
a. World Series Champ - $365 (49%)
b. World Series Runner-up - $175 (23%)
c. Regular Season Division winners - $25ea. @ 6 divisions = $150 (20%)
4. League Fees and Payouts will be done exclusively through Pay-Pal. This will ensure safe and quick transfers of money
B. This is a 30 Team Franchise Dynasty league so EVERY MLB team will be represented
1. League will be split the same as MLB with six (6) division -- AL East, AL Central, AL West, NL East, NL Central, NL West
2. 10 Teams make the playoffs. (6) Division Winners and (4) Wild Cards.
a. First Round - Wild card teams square off
b. Second Round - ALDS and NLDS
c. Third Round - ALCS and NLCS
4. Final Round - World Series
3. Each Franchise will start out prior to initial draft with 4 players selected from host franchise and may protect up to 5 franchise minor league players. (Minor Leaguer = less than 150 AB or 50 INN)
4. Minimum of 5 franchise players must remain on 25 man roster at all times during season to maintain franchise integrity.
5. No Expansion is currently planned for this league
II. Real Deal Forum
A. Fantrax host site gives a lot of options to customize league settings but is a little awkward to manage so we will be using a forum on Proboards.com to conduct a lot of business in the league as well as manage teams in the offseason.
B. Forum web address is -- http://realdealfranchise.proboards.com/index.cgi
C. This forum will allow a lot more GM interaction and will be used a lot for league communication by the League Manager.
III. League Settings
A. Franchise Set-up
1. Once all 30 owners have paid league fee, all names will be entered into independent site, “draftpicklottery.com”, which will randomly select a franchise selection “draft order” -- Owners wil be emailed results directly from independant site
2. Owners will select their franchise based on this “draft order” and select their four (4) franchise players (2 must be hitters and 2 must be pitchers) and up to (5) franchise minor league players
1. Starting Lineup - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, UTL (9 Active Hitters)
2. Active Pitchers - SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP (11 Active Pitchers)
3. Bench - BE, BE, BE, BE, BE (5 Reserves)
4. Injured Reserve - Up to (5) players that are on the MLB DL or Suspended can be designated as Injured Reserve without counting against your roster limit/salary cap
5. Minor League - Up to (5) players that are currently in the minor leagues can be designated as Minors. If a player is called up in real life, you must activate or drop the player or your roster will be considered illegal
C. Player Contracts
1. All drafted players will automatically be signed to a three (3) year contract
2. After two (2) years, you will have a one time option to sign player to an extension - Extensions will be a maximum of five (5) years. ( 8 years total, two original plus final from original contract plus 5 year extension )
3. Players dropped to waivers during the season retain their contract for the remainder of the season. Players on waivers only reset their contract status if they are drafted the next season
4. Currently there is no cap hit for waiving players still under contract. This may change in future seasons
5. Players signed as free-agent that has not been on a roster that season, will automatically be signed to a three (3) year contract
6. Players traded will retain their current contract
D. Player Salaries
1. All Salaries in Millions
2. Franchise players selected during original franchise setup will have the following salaries
a. Higher Rated Hitter - $17
b. Lower Rated Hitter - $10
c. Higher Rated Pitcher - $13
d. Lower Rated Pitcher - $7
e. Franchise Minor Leaguers - $0.5 ($500k)
3. Initial salaries will be determined by draft position
a. 1st = $15, 2nd = $14, 3rd = $12, 4th = $11, 5th = $10
b. 6th = $10, 7th = $9, 8th = $8, 9th = $7, 10th = $6
c. 11th =$5, 12th = $5, 13th = $5, 14th = $5, 15th = $5
d. 16th = $4, 17th = $3, 18th = $2, 19th = $1, 20th = $0.5, 21st = $0.5
4. Salaries increase by 25% each year
5. Players signed from free-agency will carry a $5 salary
6. Players traded will retain salary
7. Initial Salary Cap will be $189 for at least the first two seasons. Cap may fluctuate in future seasons based on evaluation.
8. Salary Cap will cover all active players on 25 man roster and if over, roster will be illegal and you will not earn points each day you are over cap after first game of the day
9. Minor League Eligible player's salary remains at $500k until 1 full year service time is achieved. Salary jumps to $1.5 the next season
10. IR and Minors do not account against salary cap
1. No Limit on Free-agency pick ups - Contract/Salary rules apply as per above
2. No limit on trades other than deadline for regular season 8/31 until end of playoffs
3. Draft picks CAN be traded (exception is initial roster draft)
4. Lineups lock daily 5 minutes before individual players game
5. Reminder that 5 franchise players must always remain on your 25 man roster
1. Each season you will keep up to 20 players that are still under contract
2. If you have less than 20 players under contract for the following season, you may acquire additional players or draft picks through trade during the offseason.
3. After draft, free-agency can help you fill out roster spots
4. Minor Leaguers may be kept in addition to 20 keepers if they haven't exceeded rookie games limit.
1. Inaugural Draft -- After 4 franchise players & 5 minor leaguers are selected/protected there will be a 21 round draft to fill out rosters.
a. This snake WILL NOT snake
b. Draft order reverse of Franchise selection draft order
2. Subsequent season Drafts -- 5 round restock draft and WILL NOTE snake
3. All drafted players automatically are signed to 3 year contract
4. Salaries for players in future drafts will be as follows...
a. 1st = $15
b. 2nd = $12
c. 3rd = $10
d. 4th = $7
e. 5th = $5
5. Draft will be done automatically through site
a. Teams will be emailed by website when on the clock
b. Teams will have 8 hours to login in and make pick
c. Team will be skipped if they don’t make pick within time limit
d. Commissioner reserves the right reduce time limit in effort to move the draft along
1. Hitters - League set up so that hitters get the majority of scoring
a. Points earned for (+1) -- TB, BB, HBP, SB, RUNS, RBI
b. Points deducted for (-0.5) -- Ks and CS
2. Pitchers - League set up so that pitchers limit damage as opposed to the high scoring in most leagues. This is to mimic actual baseball and eliminates streaming
a. Points earned for (+0.5) -- IP and Ks
b. Points earned for (+3) -- QS, Hold, SV
c. Points earned for (+5) -- ShOut & CG, (+10) -- No Hitter
d. Points deducted for (-2) -- ER
e. Teams MUST pitch minimum of 54 innings per week. Failure to you pitch 54 INN will result in no points earned and a loss for the matchup.
f. Teams must not exceed 63 innings per week. Exceeding 63 INN will result in no points earned and a loss for the matchup.
(1) It is the owner’s responsibility to pull their pitchers to not exceed the INN limit.
(2) The system allows you to pitch more innings if you haven’t exceeded the limit prior to the last day of the matchup; HOWEVER, the Commission will check INN limits each week and manually assign losses for violations
(3) If both teams violate the INN limits either Min or Max, no points will be earned toward the season tiebreakers in standings and the matchup result in a 0-0 tie.
I. CO-League Manager Model
A. There will be two additional Co-LMs used in this league due to the large format to help the Commissioner.
1. Each Co-LM will be assigned a League to oversee. American or National.
2. Each Co-LM will help the Commissioner by reviewing teams in their respective league to ensure roster compliance, INN limits are followed and GMs are active minimally on a weekly basis.
B. In addition to the above duties, Co-LMs will make up an administrative panel along with the Commissioner to deal with league issues that come up.
1. Potential issues are, but not limited to, -- trade review, collusion, replacing ‘dead’ owners, recruiting and rules interpretation, salary cap and possible rule changes
2. Co-LMs will have LM powers to assist LM as needed on Fantrax site
C. Contact the Commissioner if you are interested in filling one of these openings.
IV. Final Thoughts
A. This charter is designed to give structure to this league and are subject to change. Commissioner has final say on interpretation of rules and guidelines.
B. Steps to join this league
1. Send email response to the commissioner requesting to reserve a spot.
2. Send $25 league fee via paypal to confirm reservation
a. Login or Sign up for Paypal account
b. Click on Send Money
c. In the “TO” box, enter -- firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Enter $25 as the amount
e. Click on “personal” and ensure money is being sent as “gift” or else paypal will add tax
C. Once all 30 spots are reserved AND confirmed with $25 paypal payment, I will run Franchise draft and begin Franchise assignment.
D. Once you have selected your Franchise, you will be able to post your Franchise players on your team page on the League Proboards site.
E. Feel Free to email me with any questions you may have at any time
Read more: http://realdealfranchise.proboards.com/ ... z2JUz9aKOh