Bloody Sox wrote:Wow - fantastic effort here. A few things that either I didn't know how to do or aren't in there that would be great enhancements, especially while in the middle of a draft:
1. If the Big Board is the place intended to draft a player, then there should be an option to hide drafted players.
2. Again assuming the Big Board is where you should draft players, then you should be able to filter by position
3. The Position Summary page is great, but if there were a condensed view, it would be easier to use on draft day. It is REALLY wide - maybe without "original values" and "score", and without team names? The other option would be to have a secondary tab selection mechanism on that worksheet to select from each of the positions - in that way, you could actually have more information shown per position.
4. If you made enough room, then maybe be able to draft from the Position Summary page?
5. Similar to #1, it would be great to have an option to hide drafted players on the position summary page,
6. The Pitchers and Batters tabs don't have any projected data in them? Is that just not supported yet?
7. Once/if there is Pitchers and Batters data included, then it would be nice to be able to sort on projected stat categories and let the user draft from that screen as well.
8. I know this is tailored towards an auction draft, but if it were to be used in a snake draft, having a worksheet that was geared towards that with a draft board table would be useful.
In a nutshell, being able to view information easier and draft from wherever you are viewing that information would be my main suggestion.
I usually put together a worksheet of my own with some new bells and whistles... maybe I can try to incorporate them into yours.
1 - this is a good idea. I will start thinking about this but my first impression is i would need to use VBA and im not good enough for that yet. Maybe when i get into it, it will be easier though. good input.
2 - ill look into making this a table format. but for the time being you could just use excel sort functions for a less than ideal solution.
3 - im a little confused. are you saying to put in a drop box or a button select for position to view? i'm sorry i dont know what you mean by secondary tab selection. i would be real hesitant to remove values and scores as it just becomes a list of names and there is not line of comparison at that point. the entire purpose of this is to determine a relative worth value against one another so i think what you may be wanting out of this is outside of the scope of this project. clarification would help.
6 - the projected data was there - the empty cells were for the end user to include their own projections to override the composite values. i have amended the view to include the projection composite behind the option for end user override in my next update coming today.
7 - you could sort with excel sort functions. i was able to get this put in successfully but it slowed the spreadsheet down way too much as i had to resort to using an array formula. array formulae within excel are only good for small ranges. 1000+ sent this to a crawl so i will keep the big board as the draft center for the time being. when i overhaul this whole thing to VBA, i will address this issue once again. i do like this idea though.
8 - i will work on this eventually but usually the draft sites that are typically used will have this info easily available and visible so i will make this a low priority. for live drafts i could see this being useful so i will not entirely disregard.
good feedback, i really do appreciate this. gets me to think about how i can still improve this as a whole.