Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Seanyfever » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm

I think this would be a nifty option and I may have mentioned it at some time of another.... An option where there are multiple games occurring for a team....

E.g. There are Ten Teams.... Team 1 plays Team 2 and Team 6 in Week 1.... Team 2 plays Team 1 and Team 7.... Team 3 plays Team 4 and Team 8....

It would present some challenges in setting weekly lineups but I actually like this.

In smaller leagues of less than ten, I think the number of games would keep options fresh.... If I am spanking one team, I can still watch another match up.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 308)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bixo9 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 am

You asked for it, and we listened! You can now edit your rosters up until the scheduled start time for your league.

F#*k Yeah
F#*k Yeah
F#*k Yeah
F#*k Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE HUGE update!!!! Yahoo can do no wrong now.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Guy Smiley » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
TheTrith wrote:
As I recall, there are a couple of assumptions built into the default schedules, and if you violate any of those assumptions, the schedules will turn out odd. The one that jumps to mind is that it assumes the divisions are as balanced as possible i.e. no division has 2 more teams than another. I don't remember the others. That being said, I don't think any default schedule has you play some teams twice and others 0 times. I wonder if you found a bug where the custom schedule tool got involved and then later the divisions were set, teams were added, something like that. Maybe the custom schedule tool was just opened, or used to set rivalry weeks, or something like that.

I remember the commish had set rivalry weeks, and the weird schedule definitely was not noticed prior to that. It was actually during week 2 if I remember correctly. Commish was able to fix it with the tool though.

I've still got it ;-)

slow clap ;-D
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Postby weaz12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Any chance that Yahoo could implement a system that would allow leagues to keep track of a keeper players contract length...from year to year? Something as simple as allowing commissioners to add on X amount letters of text to the symbol already in place to indicate a keeper player.

Even if leagues have to manually change every keeper players text each season to reflect the updated contract length, at least that would allow us to keep the tracking in house as opposed to on an excel sheet, etc.

Also, was wondering if it'd be possible to give leagues the option of using an in-season min/max salary cap so that we don't have to manually track whether trades are putting teams above or below certain limits, etc.
weaz12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:44 am

weaz12 wrote:Any chance that Yahoo could implement a system that would allow leagues to keep track of a keeper players contract length...from year to year? Something as simple as allowing commissioners to add on X amount letters of text to the symbol already in place to indicate a keeper player.

Even if leagues have to manually change every keeper players text each season to reflect the updated contract length, at least that would allow us to keep the tracking in house as opposed to on an excel sheet, etc.

Also, was wondering if it'd be possible to give leagues the option of using an in-season min/max salary cap so that we don't have to manually track whether trades are putting teams above or below certain limits, etc.

Some of what you are asking for potentially already exists.

The commissioner already has the ability to enter player "costs". Those costs are purely informational; Yahoo! doesn't actually enforce or calculate anything with them. So you could put the contract length in the cost field, and you'd find you could see those values at various places around the site. I know you used to be able to see them by hovering over the keeper "K"; not sure if that is still how it works after the redesign.

Now if your league uses keeper costs and contract lengths, then yeah, you can't put both in that field.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am

I'm not sure if there is anything more annoying that typing in a huge message board post, pressing submit, being forced to log back into Yahoo, and then when you come back the message has vanished. WTF. I know it has been that way for at least the last two years and I usually remember to copy my post offline before I press submit, but I just forgot about that and wasted 15-20 minutes of my life. :-t

Also, inserting links in message board posts does not seem to work... you press the link icon, the popup lets you enter the URL and description, but when you press OK, nothing shows up in the post.

Lastly, if links did work, the popup box can show up below the bottom of the screen (if you try to insert at the bottom of your post) and there is no way to press OK on it.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:58 am

Did not backread so I don't know if this has been covered. It's probably too late for this year but I would love more options in Yahoo Pro Leagues, such as the ability to do AL or NL Only leagues, play with more than 12 teams, play with deeper rosters (CI, MI, 5 OF for example.) I'm looking forward to doing them this year but I'm bummed that the player pool will be as shallow as it is which really adds a lot of luck into the equation.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby bixo9 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Annoying is searching for latin american players with the accented vowels. Don't know how to type the í in Víctor Martínez.

That was copy/pasted.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah, why does Yahoo use those stupid accents? If you type the players name without an accent then the player doesnt even show in the popup window.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:52 am

I just spent 3 hours customizing the draft order, inputting every offseason trade, setting keepers and making sure everything was correct.
It autosaves after every move, but I also hit save every few minutes just to be safe.

So im almost finished and just back to an earlier round to check a few things...

POOF!

...everything gone.
every. last. thing.

and I know for a fact that I did NOT accidentally hit the "reset" button (but wtf why does Yahoo place it right next to "save" anyway?? another brilliant move), because when you click reset, you get a pop up window that says something to the effect "this will delete all changes and retrun your custom raft order to the default settings"
That box most certainly did NOT pop up at anytime before my work was erased.

every single last item I input vanished. even the draft order reset.

beyond frustrating.
Last edited by TheTrith on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers