Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Guy Smiley » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
TheTrith wrote:If you renewed a keeper league and imported rosters, thats why. It just lists the players, but you cannot do anything with them as far as positions moves go. At least not until after your league has drafted.
Also if you had players in NA slots to end the season, Yahoo does not show them on the imported rosters. You have to look at the 3013 Final Rosters to see them.

This is your answer. Players could have lost eligibility so that they can't go in the same slot they were in at the end of last year, your league could have changed the positions it uses, etc. etc. Combine that with the fact that there really isn't any need to have a positioned roster predraft, and your team page will just show your players, rather than trying to shoehorn them into specific positions.

As for the NA slots, that just sounds like a bug. I'd get that reported ASAP.

The bug has been filed and fixed for all leagues formed after Tuesday of this week. We will fix all leagues that renewed earlier than this shortly. Everyone should their NA keepers before the end of the week.

Apologies for my long absence, I have been posting elsewhere and lost track of Cafe. My bad and I will be back much more often.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Genie, thanks for clarifying my post.
I just dont understand why you would waste time moving players from roster to roster prior to the draft. You already have to manually set keepers in the draft order anyway so why do it twice?
Like you said, Yahoo cant/doesnt track off season moves, so every league that allows them will have a record of the trades already saved somewhere, so I dont see much value in manually doing adds/drops before the draft. Most of my leagues just use the message board to post any preseason trades (unfortunately there are still issues with that)

Guy, thanks for getting back to us on the NA issue. My latest league worked perfect

Here something else i'm wondering about. Might be just a bug:
Why would I get that error message? I thought Yahoo switched to auto-save like in football? This implies that roster moves are NOT saved unless you actually click the "save button"?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby kaiser » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am

Genie,

I've just set up the Cafe Masters League for this year, and am finding that it will not allow me to change my team name or email address. It allows me to enter the changes, but when I attempt to hit "save," nothing happens.

Any ideas of what might be wrong there?

Kaiser
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)

Postby wrveres » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 am

kaiser wrote:Genie,

I've just set up the Cafe Masters League for this year, and am finding that it will not allow me to change my team name or email address. It allows me to enter the changes, but when I attempt to hit "save," nothing happens.

Kaiser
worked fine for me
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:52 am

wrveres wrote:
kaiser wrote:Genie,

Kaiser
worked fine for me

All ok here
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby Guy Smiley » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:13 pm

TheTrith wrote:Genie, thanks for clarifying my post.
I just dont understand why you would waste time moving players from roster to roster prior to the draft. You already have to manually set keepers in the draft order anyway so why do it twice?
Like you said, Yahoo cant/doesnt track off season moves, so every league that allows them will have a record of the trades already saved somewhere, so I dont see much value in manually doing adds/drops before the draft. Most of my leagues just use the message board to post any preseason trades (unfortunately there are still issues with that)

Guy, thanks for getting back to us on the NA issue. My latest league worked perfect

Why would I get that error message? I thought Yahoo switched to auto-save like in football? This implies that roster moves are NOT saved unless you actually click the "save button"?

Please check again and see if the bug is persistent. It should not be. We have had the autosave in place since football, meaning basketball, hockey and baseball all started with autosave in place. We haven't seen reports of this, so my guess is it was a glitch. However, if you are regularly seeing the alert, let me know so we can investigate and get it fixed. For what its worth, I am not seeing this issue in any of my leagues.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guy Smiley » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:44 pm

A few things to look forward to from Yahoo in the coming weeks:

• 24-7 Mock drafts and 24-7 league drafts
  • Weekly leagues edit deadline moves from midnight on Sunday to 5 min before 1st Monday game
  • Conditional waivers

There will be more stuff before the season starts.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:32 pm

If you want your managers to use the site to declare their keepers, then you pretty much have to do so. Otherwise they might want to protect a player that won't show on their roster, and they'll be incapable of doing it. If you are choosing to do keeper declaration offline, then there probably isn't much benefit.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby BChinly » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:

Please check again and see if the bug is persistent. It should not be. We have had the autosave in place since football, meaning basketball, hockey and baseball all started with autosave in place. We haven't seen reports of this, so my guess is it was a glitch. However, if you are regularly seeing the alert, let me know so we can investigate and get it fixed. For what its worth, I am not seeing this issue in any of my leagues.

This usually only happens to me when I make a move on my roster then click a link right after. What's happening is your roster hasn't auto-saved yet. I may be wrong though
Bringing back Activeness with Boredom.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby TheTrith » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks, I think you are right. It only happened a few times that one night and now that I think about I was doing exactly what you describe - clicking a link to go to a new page.
So typical user error :-D
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers