Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby wrveres » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:22 am

quickest, easiest renewal process ever! I think it took two clicks of the mouse. no joke. thanks yahoo! ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:56 am

last year when yahoo made changes to their website with the new look, Canada's version was still the same. that's with "ca" in front of .sports.yahoo. but I notice today the Canadian version is now the same with the changes. :~(
I'm really disappointed.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:08 pm

wrveres wrote:quickest, easiest renewal process ever! I think it took two clicks of the mouse. no joke. thanks yahoo! ;-D

You will need to thank them somewhere else. They have abandoned this thread.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 172)

Postby oscar15 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Yahoo does not live here anymore.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

TheTrith wrote:If you renewed a keeper league and imported rosters, thats why. It just lists the players, but you cannot do anything with them as far as positions moves go. At least not until after your league has drafted.
Also if you had players in NA slots to end the season, Yahoo does not show them on the imported rosters. You have to look at the 3013 Final Rosters to see them.

This is your answer. Players could have lost eligibility so that they can't go in the same slot they were in at the end of last year, your league could have changed the positions it uses, etc. etc. Combine that with the fact that there really isn't any need to have a positioned roster predraft, and your team page will just show your players, rather than trying to shoehorn them into specific positions.

As for the NA slots, that just sounds like a bug. I'd get that reported ASAP.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby exm » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Quick question. As a commish I renewed a keeper league, but we had some managers dropout. Can I re-arrange some rosters to balance them for new managers? I don't see an option where I can transfer players between teams.
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheTrith » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 pm

You can put any players on any team you want, however you cannot do this until you choose to 'set custom draft order'.
The custom draft order tool allows you to slot any player into and draft round for whatver team you want. Its really the only useful keeper tool.
The rosters that are imported when you renewed your league that you can see now, prior to drafting, are effectively meaningless. they dont serve any function other than to show what players were on every team that was in the league at the end of last season.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Incredibly frustrating that the message board is STILL not working. It never worked properly last season and Yahoo did not bother to fix it for this year.
Not only does the link generator not create clickable links, but the league page keeps randomly showing "no new messages", even though 5-6 topics have new posts in the past 24 hours.
One of my leagues is running an expansion draft via the message board, and without access to the board... well you get it.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Ray Zorback » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Just in case Guy or someone from yahoo shows up again...

There seems to be the same problem as last year with mock draft results. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 172)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

TheTrith wrote:You can put any players on any team you want, however you cannot do this until you choose to 'set custom draft order'.
The custom draft order tool allows you to slot any player into and draft round for whatver team you want. Its really the only useful keeper tool.
The rosters that are imported when you renewed your league that you can see now, prior to drafting, are effectively meaningless. they dont serve any function other than to show what players were on every team that was in the league at the end of last season.

There are several inaccuracies/incompletions here.

- There are commissioner tools to drop players from rosters and to add players to rosters. As a keeper league commish, I use this in the preseason to reflect offseason trades that have happened. It is clumsy, and it will be better the day you can just execute trades in the offseason/preseason, but it is better than nothing.

- This is important to me, because if you use Yahoo!'s site to declare keepers, then the rosters most definitely aren't meaningless. I need to keep the rosters accurate so that managers can successfully choose their keepers online.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers