Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby West » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Can we just delete the 83 pages of blah blah blah and skeumorphism and just put in 82 point font:

MAKE THE TEXT BLACK AND THE BACKGROUND WHITE PLEASE

Hey, how easy is this to read? Can I could work for Yahoo if I keep this up?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:24 am

I guess I'm in the minority that prefers white text on a dark background. It's easier on my eyes. However that's about the only thing that isn't terrible with the new format.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby bixo9 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

AdvRider wrote:
Mortician wrote:The darkening of the zeros on the stat areas of the page is a definite plus in helping to read and scan through stats in the new visual format. Very good improvement!
;-D

Wow, I completely disagree with that. It's annoying the bejeepers out of me. In fact it's the reason I'm visiting this thread, to highlight that very issue.

I don't know about others, but my mind does not automatically interpret a gray spot as a '0.' If it's a 0 -- tell me it's a 0! Show me it's a 0! To me, NOT showing a 0 is counterintuitive and makes the user do a little mental processing to apprehend the data. The last thing I want to do is more mental processing.

If there's a column or row of 0s in a pitcher's game log for ER BB or what have you, I want that data to pop out at me -- not be obscured. Another thumbs down. :-t

I would agree w/ AdvRider. That darkening zeros is good. Too many zeros is distracting. For example, I hate looking at all the zeros and dashes on the iPhone app on the My Team and Matchup pages. Wish that Yahoo would darken those zeros.

And why does the Andriod app show fantasy points while the iPhone app does not show fantasy points on the Matchup Page?
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby boredguy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 pm

While i'm probably one of the few here that play fantasy hockey the way they show opponent now (team and time under the player) instead of having a seperate column for it makes setting the roster a pain. If a player has a game that day or not is very important info and you should be able to tell at a glance not have to hunt around to see it. It's not so bad for football since you only have to look for the occasional bye but it's gonna suck for baseball next year as well on Mon and Thurs.
boredguy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Yup, it's very hard to tell who is playing each day. It really needs to have it's own dedicated column.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby suckerpuncher » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 am

Is there any reason why I can't schedule a live fantasy hockey draft past September 30?
I know the NHL starts October 1 but in recent years live drafts could be held even after the NHL has officially started.

Even if I select to start scoring in week to I can't select a date in October.

Is this on purpose or will there be live drafts added in October?
suckerpuncher
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Live drafts for October can't be scheduled until after the season starts on Tuesday. I'm in a league that is supposed to draft on Wednesday and we have our drat set to Autopick for now, and will change it once the new dates are available.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:40 am

Has anyone in roto leagues noticed that Stattracker has been inaccurate? I go to bed after all the games are over and when I wake up the standings show usually a half point difference of what Stattracker showed the previous night.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Checking on position eligibility for Xander Bogaerts for 2014, and Yahoo has some incorrect stats. Yahoo shows that he started all 13 games at 3B...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/9319/

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... xa01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... gs_0::none
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 49)

Postby West » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:05 pm

jfg wrote:Has anyone in roto leagues noticed that Stattracker has been inaccurate? I go to bed after all the games are over and when I wake up the standings show usually a half point difference of what Stattracker showed the previous night.

Probably because many of the teams in your roto league were over their IP and Games caps, and Stat tracker does not take that into account. AKA, I have run out of innings, but I leave a starter in, he gets 5 K's, and I move up in K's because Stat tracker doesn't recognize the caps.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers