Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:What the heck is going on with the message boards right now? They're buggy as hell. Some problems I've had:

1. Same thing Trith is talking about. On the league page, under the "Recent Messages" heading it will show up with nothing; you have to click through to "view all messages" to see anything.

2. Trying to post something new, spend 20 minutes typing something, hit enter, red text - "Invalid Message ID". Lost everything. Gee, thanks.

3. Some messages show up as being posted by "A_Yahoo_User" and not the actual manager.

4. Formatting! I finally actually posted a message, and there are random carriage returns and the whole thing has shorter margins than the rest of the messages on that thread.

The most frustrating thing is that these problems are ALL intermittent. Like, I can literally refresh the page and sometimes it will show messages (problem 1) and sometimes it won't. The formatting thing is new; doubt that will be fixed with a page refresh. But the first 3 seem to go and go randomly.

This is REALLY not a good time for the message board to be going all screwy. This is the playoffs. Things should be running the most smoothly now. What gives?

This was frustrating. There were some servers added to our stack that were not playing nice wirth message boards. The behavior was consistent for all users. For some--like me--no issues. For others--like you--it was bad. We have fixed this now. Apologies for the errors.

Thanks, Smiley. Good to know that these things are being looked at. I was afraid it was a small enough problem that it might have been overlooked. Glad you're looking out for us.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:41 pm

AdvRider wrote:I used the calendar function especially to size up the next several starts for a given SP. Thinking about picking up starting pitcher X, who does he face over the next three weeks? Done at a glance with the old calendar format. With the new format... ugh. What was a simple exercise has become tedious and difficult.

Spot on. ;-D

One added request. The fantasy week begins on Monday. I realize that its the "MLB" techs and not "Fantasy" techs that deal with this, but i bet we use those pages 10 to 1 versus the average user who is not playing fantasy. And hey, they wont know the difference anyways. Even MLB begins their week on a Monday.

Thanks ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Football:
From your own team page now there is no way to directly access other teams pages.
You used to be able to see all the teams in the league as a list of links from a drop down menu at the top. Now you have to go back to the main league page and then navigate to the team page you wish to see. Seems like an oversight, as the old way was much more convenient and took less time.
Please fix this
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby wrveres » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

TheTrith wrote:Football:
From your own team page now there is no way to directly access other teams pages.
You used to be able to see all the teams in the league as a list of links from a drop down menu at the top. Now you have to go back to the main league page and then navigate to the team page you wish to see. Seems like an oversight, as the old way was much more convenient and took less time.
Please fix this

the drop down menu is located by mousing over your team name.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby TheTrith » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:35 pm

wrveres wrote:
TheTrith wrote:Football:
Please fix this

the drop down menu is located by mousing over your team name.

Thank you!

Wow, I might might be slow. Over a month and I had not once seen that
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby West » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Trying not to be overly negative but I'll just say PLEASE go back to the old player pages and team schedule pages. I know this is not the fantasy side of things (Yahoo MLB page) but please pass it along that the dark background is downright TERRIBLE. It is so hard to find information now and it just hurts the eyes to look at it.

Why did they mess with a good thing? It seems like zero product testing was done on it. They could have exposed a sample audience to it.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 am

West wrote:
Why did they mess with a good thing? It seems like zero product testing was done on it. They could have exposed a sample audience to it.

Exactly. This is what I alluded to a page or two back.
If they would have released the product to a test group first, and used their feedback (like Google, Amazon, and all other major internet sites do), Yahoo would have realized what a disaster the new interface was before it was pushed out to the entire population.
The real question Yahoo brass should be asking themselves is "how was this allowed to happen?"
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 am

TheTrith wrote:
West wrote:

If they would have released the product to a test group first, and used their feedback (like Google, Amazon, and all other major internet sites do), Yahoo would have realized what a disaster the new interface was before it was pushed out to the entire population.
The real question Yahoo brass should be asking themselves is "how was this allowed to happen?"

The fact that they did or didn't have a test group has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread, it's here to give aid, if possible, where it's needed let's keep it that way. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby JCD » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
ayebatter wrote:On to football :-P nowhere on my team page does it list the players bye weeks (at least I can't find it).

Click on the Opponents tab; that is where the Bye week has always been available on the team page. It is an interesting question whether it deserves to be elevated so that it is always visible on the page; only so much real estate on that page, and lots of things the space could be used for.

There's enough space on that page to see more weeks ahead, so it would be great to expand that, and BYE weeks would be more obvious if it would be different colour.

On the team page, first letters of every word in the team name turns capital automatically.
JCD
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 9)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 am

ayebatter wrote:
TheTrith wrote:
West wrote:

The fact that they did or didn't have a test group has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread, it's here to give aid, if possible, where it's needed let's keep it that way. ;-)

I honestly think it has everything to do with this thread. (Maybe my last sentence from above was not needed, Ill give you that much)
But Guy asked for feedback and ways they could improve their product.
We suggested that they test their major updates on test groups first, and then adjust as necessary before the official release. That would go a long ways towards fixing some of these issues before they even become problems.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers