Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby TheTrith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
TheTrith wrote:Yahoo COME ON!

1)You changed the "fantasy" link at the top right of the league page to take us to a completely useless sports News page. Used to give links to all of your teams on that page but someone decided it was a good idea to remove all team links. So now we cant access our teams from phone/touchscreen mobile devices, because drop down menus do not work on any Yahoo sites from a touchscreen.

I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.

Have you used it from a phone? because it still isnt working for me.
FWIW I've tried it on my phone, my wife's phone, and my brothers phone and I have the same problem on all of them.
It takes me to this:
and I can just scroll down indefinitely through useless headlines.

I think you may be referring to a different "fantasy" link than I am.
The one I'm talking about is what I circled in red:
It used to take me to a general fantasy sports page, with all my teams and leagues for all sports listed on the right hand side. Now it takes me to first screenshot I posted above. Same thing happens on all my baseball pages as well.

On a desktop it works fine because you hover the mouse over the link and you get the dropdown menu. On a touchscreen Yahoo's drop down links dont function properly. Also on a desktop clicking on the fantasy link *does* take you to a page that show those headlines, and then the all my teams to the far right. As you can see, that is not the case on a mobile device anymore.
Last edited by TheTrith on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Regarding the message board:
This problem is occurring on both the desktop and mobile.
Even though there are actually several recent messages that have been posted, (one of them posted by me last night),
it shows this:

Sometimes I can click on "view all messages" and they will show up. usually not. and once every dozen or so times I load the page the messages will actually show up on the league page.
see the problem?
Im not just making this stuff up.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jackie hayes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I've seen the same thing with message boards, but it's on and off. (Not just with the redesign, but for the last month+ or so.) Sometimes it shows, sometimes not.

Edit: (Also, and I know noone cares about baseball at this point, esp with the first NFL games coming up, but I have to say -- Jacoby Ellsbury should be off the can't cut list by now. It's not a tough call.)
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 18)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 am

What a shocker, something else is wrong with Yahoo's site.
Final weekend of the regular fantasy season, with the playoff spots being determined, and the Matchup page is not updating. Sure would be great if we could tell what the actual scores of our matchups are so that we can adjust our lineups accordingly for Sunday's games.
How can Yahoo allow this to happen at such a critical time?

The chaos surrounding Yahoo Fantasy Sports these past few weeks is utterly ridiculous.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guy Smiley » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Trith,

Thanks for the feedback.

On baseball match-ups, there was a bug last night but you could always go to StatTracker and get the live scores. It was fixed last night (around 11:15 pm PT). Final scoring was never in jeopardy as final scoring jobs are run separately from the live data you see when you refresh your match-up screen.

On mobile web experience, that is not good and we will be getting that fixed. You need to be able to get to your teams from the fantasy home page --Duh--

In the meantime, if you are trying to move between teams in the same game, tap Baseball '13 and go to the fantasy baseball game home page. If you are trying to move between games, obviously, that won't work. Sorry about that and look for a fix relatively soon.

re: messageboards. That's a weird one. Send me the league ids (not league names) where you see this and we will look into it.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Banner on top of the app right now: "Mobile moves now closed use web" -- what's up with this?

I still seem to be able to change my lineup for tomorrow. There're no add/drops I want to make, so I can't test that. Whatever it is, is this just a temporary thing, or a permanent change to the app?
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Skin Blues » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:59 pm

So my Yahoo pages just switched to the new format this morning. wow.

I have outlined the relevant sections of the new boxscore page in green. The other 95% is either junk/wasted space (most of it) or redundant (there is a scoreboard on the right hand side of the page when I scroll down, and the one at the top is poorly formatted and useless). The Play-by-Play and Picks & Odds sections should be either put on a separate page or removed altogether so that the scoreboard section can run along the right side, as it has for the past decade or so. This isn't just a "change is bad" reaction, Yahoo had it perfect before. It had lots of blank space on the top and sides (for those with 4:3 monitors), but there was a very pleasant lack of useless information/links//charts/garbage.

Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 82)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

[quote="Skin Blues"]So my Yahoo pages just switched to the new format this morning. wow.

I have outlined the relevant sections of the new boxscore page in green. The other 95% is either junk/wasted space (most of it) or redundant (there is a scoreboard on the right hand side of the page when I scroll down, and the one at the top is poorly formatted and useless). The Play-by-Play and Picks & Odds sections should be either put on a separate page or removed altogether so that the scoreboard section can run along the right side, as it has for the past decade or so. This isn't just a "change is bad" reaction, Yahoo had it perfect before. It had lots of blank space on the top and sides (for those with 4:3 monitors), but there was a very pleasant lack of useless information/links//charts/garbage./quote]

100% agreed. The new page is incredibly busy. The dark background makes it way harder to find information quickly.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 9)

Postby TheTrith » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Trith,

Thanks for the feedback.

On baseball match-ups, there was a bug last night but you could always go to StatTracker and get the live scores. It was fixed last night (around 11:15 pm PT). Final scoring was never in jeopardy as final scoring jobs are run separately from the live data you see when you refresh your match-up screen.

On mobile web experience, that is not good and we will be getting that fixed. You need to be able to get to your teams from the fantasy home page --Duh--

In the meantime, if you are trying to move between teams in the same game, tap Baseball '13 and go to the fantasy baseball game home page. If you are trying to move between games, obviously, that won't work. Sorry about that and look for a fix relatively soon.

re: messageboards. That's a weird one. Send me the league ids (not league names) where you see this and we will look into it.

Guy -
thanks for getting back to me on this.
However the matchup page is still not updating.
And Stattracker (usually) doesnt work on mobile.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:58 pm

What the heck is going on with the message boards right now? They're buggy as hell. Some problems I've had:

1. Same thing Trith is talking about. On the league page, under the "Recent Messages" heading it will show up with nothing; you have to click through to "view all messages" to see anything.

2. Trying to post something new, spend 20 minutes typing something, hit enter, red text - "Invalid Message ID". Lost everything. Gee, thanks.

3. Some messages show up as being posted by "A_Yahoo_User" and not the actual manager.

4. Formatting! I finally actually posted a message, and there are random carriage returns and the whole thing has shorter margins than the rest of the messages on that thread.

The most frustrating thing is that these problems are ALL intermittent. Like, I can literally refresh the page and sometimes it will show messages (problem 1) and sometimes it won't. The formatting thing is new; doubt that will be fixed with a page refresh. But the first 3 seem to go and go randomly.

This is REALLY not a good time for the message board to be going all screwy. This is the playoffs. Things should be running the most smoothly now. What gives?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers