Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby TheTrith » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Bwanna wrote:Help link at the bottom of the page, then 'Contact Customer Care'.

That link is pretty much useless:
"Sorry, no additional support options are available"

So basically you cant really contact a live person. They will take your money for a service no longer available, but you cant talk to anyone about a refund.
You cant talk to anyone about anything for that matter. Horrible "support".
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GRIN » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 pm

That's the screen I got the first time I tried it - 'Sorry, no additional support options are available'. My frustration led me to yesterday's Cafe post.

I played with it again today and depending on what you choose in the drop down menus or what you enter in the text box you can end up getting an 'Email a Support Agent' link instead of the 'Sorry' note.

Weird. Seems to be a Yahoo coding issue (I think).

P.S. I'm not usually a complainer, but I'm seeing some worrying signs. For example, this year's Yahoo Fantasy Hockey has Week 1 as a short week rather than combining it with Week 2 (therefore minimum goalie appearances will be nearly impossible to meet). But worse is that the H2H playoff options completely exclude the entire final week of the NHL season. It's like Yahoo just missed it. I'm a details guy (for better or for worse). This lack of attention to important details stresses me out :-o
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guy Smiley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 pm

First, apologies for not posting to this thread sooner. Second, this specific thread has been shared with the right people and a number of the data issues cited are being worked on.

A couple of things to clarify: there is an editorial team that is different from the fantasy team. The players pages, article pages, box score pages etc. are controlled by that team. That said, we are passing this feedback to the team. We work alongside them and they are a great team. Expect this design to evolve and for it to account for many of the criticisms leveled here.

Again, I apologize for not being back to this thread sooner. I will be here more often.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Postby GRIN » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:41 pm

GRIN wrote:P.S. I'm not usually a complainer, but I'm seeing some worrying signs. For example, this year's Yahoo Fantasy Hockey has Week 1 as a short week rather than combining it with Week 2 (therefore minimum goalie appearances will be nearly impossible to meet). But worse is that the H2H playoff options completely exclude the entire final week of the NHL season. It's like Yahoo just missed it. I'm a details guy (for better or for worse). This lack of attention to important details stresses me out :-o

I know this is a hockey specific issue, but it speaks to the customer service experience overall at Yahoo so I hope this is relevant to you.
This is the email response I received with respect to the final week of the NHL season being unavailable in Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (at least in H2H, not sure about roto).
'Unfortunately, those are not features we offer at this time'
:-S
So Yahoo is excluding the final week of the NHL regular season from its fantasy hockey product??? That's like cutting out September 23-29 of this year's baseball season. I don't get it.
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:46 pm

byfrcp wrote:OHHHHH CANADAAAAA!

Type ca. in front of any Yahoo Sports link to view the old format. Not sure how long this will last but it's at least useable for now.

this is awesome!

looking at statistics from the new way and then the old way it's night and say. it's so much easier to read in the old way, I don't understand why they changed the colours.

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Just to be clear, since it sounds like a few posters here missed the memo: I retired from Yahoo!, and my last day there was a few weeks ago. So it isn't that "I want specifics", I'm just telling you that if you want any of your problems addressed, then you'll need to tell people what those problems are. Not just on the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports site, but in life heh... Guy Smiley has taken my place here as the eyes and ears of Yahoo! I'll confess I'm finding it tricky to be a useful voice in some of these discussions while trying to be really clear that I not only don't speak for Yahoo!, I really am on the outside at this point.

if you are not longer with yahoo, then you can no longer pass along any help we ask? does the new person or anyone at yahoo come to this forum?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

byfrcp wrote:
if you are not longer with yahoo, then you can no longer pass along any help we ask? does the new person or anyone at yahoo come to this forum?

Guy Smiley wrote:First, apologies for not posting to this thread sooner. Second, this specific thread has been shared with the right people and a number of the data issues cited are being worked on.

A couple of things to clarify: there is an editorial team that is different from the fantasy team. The players pages, article pages, box score pages etc. are controlled by that team. That said, we are passing this feedback to the team. We work alongside them and they are a great team. Expect this design to evolve and for it to account for many of the criticisms leveled here.

Again, I apologize for not being back to this thread sooner. I will be here more often.

This is our new guy..... Guy Smiley ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby TheTrith » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Yahoo COME ON!

1)You changed the "fantasy" link at the top right of the league page to take us to a completely useless sports News page. Used to give links to all of your teams on that page but someone decided it was a good idea to remove all team links. So now we cant access our teams from phone/touchscreen mobile devices, because drop down menus do not work on any Yahoo sites from a touchscreen.

C'mon Yahoo, really dropping the ball on things that should be completely obvious.
Im really disappointed that I spent money on 2 Pro leagues

2) Also, now the message board never works. it was barely functional to begin with, but now it just always says 'no new messages' even after you post something. whats going on there?
we need the message board to communicate, especially in the Yahoo pay leagues where nobody knows anyone else in real life, and thus we have no way to contact other owners
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 am

TheTrith wrote:Yahoo COME ON!

1)You changed the "fantasy" link at the top right of the league page to take us to a completely useless sports News page. Used to give links to all of your teams on that page but someone decided it was a good idea to remove all team links. So now we cant access our teams from phone/touchscreen mobile devices, because drop down menus do not work on any Yahoo sites from a touchscreen.

I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby GRIN » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
TheTrith wrote:Yahoo COME ON!

I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.

Me too. I still see all my teams on the right. ;-D
My message board is fine as well.
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:20 pm

GRIN wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:I use that link all the time. It takes me to a page that lists all my teams and leagues.

Me too. I still see all my teams on the right. ;-D
My message board is fine as well.

same and same ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers