Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:30 am

Ok, what's going on here? Danks's stats aren't being recorded. Second time this has happened to my team this season. I know this isn't your fault Genie, but very distressing that Yahoo's provider can't get this right.
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oleredb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 am

When will Edwin Encarnacion, 1B-TOR start receiving credit for his starts at 3B? The situational stats on his player page do not record any starts at 3B, yet he started at 3B on Friday, May 31, Saturday, June 1, Sunday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 4. In three of those games he played the entire game at 3B.
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 am

oleredb wrote:When will Edwin Encarnacion, 1B-TOR start receiving credit for his starts at 3B? The situational stats on his player page do not record any starts at 3B, yet he started at 3B on Friday, May 31, Saturday, June 1, Sunday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 4. In three of those games he played the entire game at 3B.

I see them there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7278

Situational Stats
As 3B 4 19 4 5 0 0 3 3 2 1 0 0 .263 .333 .737 1.070

yahoo fantasy baseball page.
Edwin Encarnación
6 1
(6 more games, 1 more start)
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby oleredb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am

SpecialFNK wrote:
oleredb wrote:When will Edwin Encarnacion, 1B-TOR start receiving credit for his starts at 3B? The situational stats on his player page do not record any starts at 3B, yet he started at 3B on Friday, May 31, Saturday, June 1, Sunday, June 2 and Tuesday, June 4. In three of those games he played the entire game at 3B.

I see them there.

Situational Stats

Edwin Encarnación
6 1

That is a step in the right direction. Now when will he have 3B eligibility in fantasy baseball?
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 19)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 am

oleredb wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:

I see them there.

Situational Stats

Edwin Encarnación
6 1

That is a step in the right direction. Now when will he have 3B eligibility in fantasy baseball?

for yahoo it would be the bottom numbers. just 1 more start, or 6 more games played where he does not start.
the Jays play another game today in SF, so maybe he can start at 3B today and gain 3B eligibility.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:It depends on your league settings.

If your league is set to only see players once they reach the majors, then we'll do that. There is a caveat around the preseason when the meaning of this is much less clear, so some prospects get into the game in the preseason only to get sent down before playing a game.

If your game is set to see players when Yahoo! thinks they are interesting, then you'll do just that. The caveat there is that we do have to work with our provider. So even if we decide it would be interesting to have all 40 man rosters available in the game (we have), our provider might not be willing to do so (they aren't).

There isn't really a hard rule at this point. As a rough guideline, during the season prospects tend to get added when either they hit the majors or we get enough critical volume that we preemptively ask our provider to add them.

Thanks Genie. I just noticed that my league is set to "As soon as Yahoo adds them." Is there anyway of knowing when prospects will be added under this setup? For instance, will the provider add a bunch of prospects on a certain date, or is it completely random so to speak? I just can't wait until Byron Buxton, and among others, are available in Yahoo league!

Huh. Not sure what happened when I initially posted this reply. Trying again.

There really isn't a hard and fast rule. Our provider will seldom add a prospect once the season starts just because they think they are interesting. So once the season starts, prospects typically get added because either they get called up to the majors, or because we get enough volume on the player that we proactively ask our provider to add them (and assuming they agree to do so).

So basically, unless Byron Buxton or Archie Bradley are called up to the majors, they won't be available this year. Or unless they receive a ton of popularity. I ask this because I have been frantically checking the available players like 3 times a day for these guys just in case they are added out of the blue. I'm a big fan of Buxton, and just can't miss out on him in my Yahoo league with it being a dynasty league.
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby Bogey9906 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am

What's going on with Nick Franklin? He shows up as Edmundo Franklin seemingly every morning, then gets corrected to Nick Franklin later in the day. I could understand this if his name was Clark Kent or Peter Parker, but this is Nick Franklin we're talking about!
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 pm

I would like to see yahoo doing something about games that get PPD after start time. tonight the Washington/New York Mets game was suspended. now those players are locked into a starting spot. if a game gets PPD, those players should be able to become unlocked and subbed out for another player.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I would like to see yahoo doing something about games that get PPD after start time. tonight the Washington/New York Mets game was suspended. now those players are locked into a starting spot. if a game gets PPD, those players should be able to become unlocked and subbed out for another player.

This has been addressed and answered by Genie on at least one occasion, maybe in this very thread. Long story short it doesn't appear to be changing.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby posty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:09 am

bigh0rt wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:I would like to see yahoo doing something about games that get PPD after start time. tonight the Washington/New York Mets game was suspended. now those players are locked into a starting spot. if a game gets PPD, those players should be able to become unlocked and subbed out for another player.

This has been addressed and answered by Genie on at least one occasion, maybe in this very thread. Long story short it doesn't appear to be changing.

Of course not, that would mean that they would be doing something that the users would like...
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers