Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby posty » Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 am

SpecialFNK wrote:if a prospect is not in yahoo, does that mean the only way to add that player to the player pool is waiting until they are called up? yahoo can't go ahead and add a bunch of prospects not yet in yahoo on say June 1st?

They would have to be on the 40-man roster...
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm

saemick wrote:
saemick wrote:Has anyone else been having problems adding people to your watch list? I can remove people from it, but can't seem to add anyone.

Genie, hate to be a pain, but any ideas why I can't add anyone to my watch list? I've tried on multiple computers, web browsers, etc...the only I seem to be able to is on the iPhone app.

I don't know. I know the error reporting on adding to the watchlist is really poor :-( If you want to PM me your Yahoo ID, and the time (and time zone...) you were trying and failing to add to your watch list, I might find time to poke around.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby bayside » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 am

Suggestion for a stat setting.
SP Wins.

For fantasy purposes there is nothing worse than a RP getting credit for a W after blowing a save. Its absolutely infuriating when it happens, and makes zero sense from any logical standpoint. One of many idiotic MLB rules that has no business being dragged into the fantasy game.

Perfect example from tonight: Kershaw pitched into the 8th and left with a 3 run lead. Bullpen allows one of his runners to score (whatever, it happens) then Brandon League comes in for the 9th with a 2 run lead - and promptly gives up 2 runs allowing the tying to run to score. He was horrible. He completely failed at his job. And then he gets credited a WIN when he was bailed in the 10th when LA scored and won.

So i suggest a setting that only credits Wins to players who are in a SP slot.
(It would be better if only pitchers who actually started the game get credit for a W, but I realize that would be harder to implement with so many SP/RP eligble pitchers.)

So to summarize, new stat category:
SP-only Wins.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 pm

posty wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:if a prospect is not in yahoo, does that mean the only way to add that player to the player pool is waiting until they are called up? yahoo can't go ahead and add a bunch of prospects not yet in yahoo on say June 1st?

I just wanted to point something out here. Danny Salazar, prospect for the Indians, is on the 40 man roster for Cleveland, but is unavailable in Yahoo. Wilmer Flores of the Mets is on their 40 man roster, but is not available in Yahoo.
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 30)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
posty wrote:

I just wanted to point something out here. Danny Salazar, prospect for the Indians, is on the 40 man roster for Cleveland, but is unavailable in Yahoo. Wilmer Flores of the Mets is on their 40 man roster, but is not available in Yahoo.

The 40 man roster is a red herring. It recently came to my attention that we had a help page suggesting that we have all 40 man rosters in our game. This is not accurate, and I've asked them to fix that help page.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
posty wrote:

The 40 man roster is a red herring. It recently came to my attention that we had a help page suggesting that we have all 40 man rosters in our game. This is not accurate, and I've asked them to fix that help page.

I have a quick question for you Genie. How is the availability of a prospect determined in Yahoo? I've been trying to figure this one out on my own, but haven't been able to get to a conclusion.
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:04 am

Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:

I have a quick question for you Genie. How is the availability of a prospect determined in Yahoo? I've been trying to figure this one out on my own, but haven't been able to get to a conclusion.

It depends on your league settings.

If your league is set to only see players once they reach the majors, then we'll do that. There is a caveat around the preseason when the meaning of this is much less clear, so some prospects get into the game in the preseason only to get sent down before playing a game.

If your game is set to see players when Yahoo! thinks they are interesting, then you'll do just that. The caveat there is that we do have to work with our provider. So even if we decide it would be interesting to have all 40 man rosters available in the game (we have), our provider might not be willing to do so (they aren't).
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bixo9 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 am

Should Yahoo automatically post/display the commentary that appears in the Player's Matchups page, in the Research section, to the player's Note/News?

I think some of that information would be interesting to see as I scroll through my player's notes while using the mobile app.

Maybe even commentary for the overall week ahead targeting weekly leagues.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lundqvist 30 NYR » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:The 40 man roster is a red herring. It recently came to my attention that we had a help page suggesting that we have all 40 man rosters in our game. This is not accurate, and I've asked them to fix that help page.

If your league is set to only see players once they reach the majors, then we'll do that. There is a caveat around the preseason when the meaning of this is much less clear, so some prospects get into the game in the preseason only to get sent down before playing a game.

If your game is set to see players when Yahoo! thinks they are interesting, then you'll do just that. The caveat there is that we do have to work with our provider. So even if we decide it would be interesting to have all 40 man rosters available in the game (we have), our provider might not be willing to do so (they aren't).

Thanks Genie. I just noticed that my league is set to "As soon as Yahoo adds them." Is there anyway of knowing when prospects will be added under this setup? For instance, will the provider add a bunch of prospects on a certain date, or is it completely random so to speak? I just can't wait until Byron Buxton, and among others, are available in Yahoo league!
Lundqvist 30 NYR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:
Lundqvist 30 NYR wrote:

There isn't really a hard rule at this point. As a rough guideline, during the season prospects tend to get added when either they hit the majors or we get enough critical volume that we preemptively ask our provider to add them.

Thanks Genie. I just noticed that my league is set to "As soon as Yahoo adds them." Is there anyway of knowing when prospects will be added under this setup? For instance, will the provider add a bunch of prospects on a certain date, or is it completely random so to speak? I just can't wait until Byron Buxton, and among others, are available in Yahoo league!

Huh. Not sure what happened when I initially posted this reply. Trying again.

There really isn't a hard and fast rule. Our provider will seldom add a prospect once the season starts just because they think they are interesting. So once the season starts, prospects typically get added because either they get called up to the majors, or because we get enough volume on the player that we proactively ask our provider to add them (and assuming they agree to do so).
Last edited by Fantasy Sports Genie on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers