Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Dennismenis3 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Windows 8 laptop with Firefox, same results. Tried launching from desktop using IE instead of Firefox, no difference. I think this has happened before, but was fixed the next day. Thanks for giving us a place to turn to! ;-D
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby posty » Tue May 28, 2013 3:47 pm

posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA

posty wrote:I know this was mentioned before, but it would be cool to be able to look for players just on the DL or listed as NA...

Bump, yet again...

Update?
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 pm

there is a way to look for players just on the DL.
PLAYERS, MLB Roster Changes, Disabled List.
that lists players that have come off and gone on the DL.

I have a suggestion for yahoo.
when you send an email to managers from Email League, the email goes to whatever email service you use. could it be possible to have it where when you send/get an email, it comes to an email box on your fantasy baseball page? I think that would be easier than going to whatever email service you use to get/check email.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 45)

Postby Dennismenis3 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 pm

SpecialFNK, that is not necessary. You have to have a Yahoo screen name to sign up for a Yahoo league. When you sign in each day to check your team or set your lineup, it tells you if you have mail to your Yahoo screen name/mail acct. Any time you are logged in, you will be notified.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:SpecialFNK, that is not necessary. You have to have a Yahoo screen name to sign up for a Yahoo league. When you sign in each day to check your team or set your lineup, it tells you if you have mail to your Yahoo screen name/mail acct. Any time you are logged in, you will be notified.

my email for my yahoo fantasy baseball is my gmail.
I usually have another tab open on firefox for just my email, so I don't have to go and check every so often if I have a trade proposed.
but sometimes if I send an email to someone through yahoo fantasy baseball, I don't know if they have checked and got it. I know in my private league when a manager is active, but that doesn't mean they will have went to check their email if they have their email at another non yahoo service.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wrveres » Wed May 29, 2013 12:21 am

i dont understand the DL thing at all.
On your home page, on the bottom right of the transactions box, there is a link for DL. ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 265)

Postby posty » Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 am

SpecialFNK wrote:there is a way to look for players just on the DL.
PLAYERS, MLB Roster Changes, Disabled List.
that lists players that have come off and gone on the DL.

I would rather have a list of players that are currently on the DL with stats available... If they can do that for probables, it shouldn't be difficult to do that for DL and NA players... The other list is unusable IMO...
Softball Supervisor

Postby saemick » Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 am

saemick wrote:Has anyone else been having problems adding people to your watch list? I can remove people from it, but can't seem to add anyone.

Genie, hate to be a pain, but any ideas why I can't add anyone to my watch list? I've tried on multiple computers, web browsers, etc...the only I seem to be able to is on the iPhone app.
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby posty » Thu May 30, 2013 9:35 am

saemick wrote:
saemick wrote:Has anyone else been having problems adding people to your watch list? I can remove people from it, but can't seem to add anyone.

Genie, hate to be a pain, but any ideas why I can't add anyone to my watch list? I've tried on multiple computers, web browsers, etc...the only I seem to be able to is on the iPhone app.

Do you currently have 50 on your watch list? You can't add any more than that... Which is REALLY inconvenient...
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 am

if a prospect is not in yahoo, does that mean the only way to add that player to the player pool is waiting until they are called up? yahoo can't go ahead and add a bunch of prospects not yet in yahoo on say June 1st?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers