Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri May 03, 2013 5:37 pm

When searching the available player pool, is there a way that a filter could be added for only DL guys or only NA guys? It would be very useful!
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 510
Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kansas City

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 47
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.

So that I can see if maybe I forgot about someone who is worth stashing on my DL (guys like Ted Lilly up until recently, Adam Eaton, Colby Lewis, etc.). If I have a transaction I want to make, I can drop the guy I want, add the DL guy, throw him on my DL, and then add the player I wanted to add.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 25276
(Past Year: 721)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Okay, that makes perfect sense. There have been times when I have seen guys on DL who I have wanted on occasion, and that is the perfect time to pick them up when you are going to drop someone anyways. Drop useless player A to pick up player B, but grab player C who is on the DL to stash for later in between. I get it. ;-D
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 47
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Skin Blues » Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Dennismenis3 wrote:While I understand wanting to filter for only NA guys as scouting for rookies, why would you want to filter for DL guys? I always thought it would be nice to click a button to exclude DL guys from the player list since most of the time when I am looking to pick up a player or stream a pitcher, DL guys are obsolete.

So that I can see if maybe I forgot about someone who is worth stashing on my DL (guys like Ted Lilly up until recently, Adam Eaton, Colby Lewis, etc.). If I have a transaction I want to make, I can drop the guy I want, add the DL guy, throw him on my DL, and then add the player I wanted to add.

I do this too, but usually only in April. By the time the Calendar turns to May I usually have about 5 guys that I drafted on the DL and have to drop the Luebke/Beachy type guys I was sitting on !+)
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3082
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby BravesGuy » Mon May 06, 2013 9:03 am

I'm not sure if someone has already brought this up...

It would be nice to have a player's current season (or last 30 day) stats populate when you first click the button to start a trade proposal. Right now it defaults to the player's current DAY stats and I really dont think anyone is going to make a trade based off of one game.

Not a big deal, just something that would be nice to see.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2310
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 6 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dunwoody, GA

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am

posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA


So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...
posty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 94
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Bwanna » Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA


So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...


Statements like this ^ never cease to piss me off.

Please stop assuming you know what is involved in changing the implementation of a feature, when you know nothing about the internals of the current implementation, nor do you know the all the factors that determine decisions about the implementation.

Make the request politely, make a case for the request, and thank the provider for providing a pretty freakin' good implementation of a free service.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5663
(Past Year: 49)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA


So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...

If I were Genie I'd make it so that this was implemented in every league except any one you sign up for ever again. Unthankful pain in the rear. :-t
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 25276
(Past Year: 721)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby posty » Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Bwanna wrote:
posty wrote:
posty wrote:Hey Genie, is there ANY chance that there can be more than 50 players allowed on the watch list?

I play in a homer league where I can only have players on my team that have played for my team in the past or present and I easily max out the 50 player allotment... This doesn't sound like it would be a difficult change (assuming that it is a constant that can be modified)...

Any chance?

TIA


So I take it this won't be address AGAIN, even though it is probably a quick change to the code (especially if it is a constant)...


Statements like this ^ never cease to piss me off.

Please stop assuming you know what is involved in changing the implementation of a feature, when you know nothing about the internals of the current implementation, nor do you know the all the factors that determine decisions about the implementation.

Make the request politely, make a case for the request, and thank the provider for providing a pretty freakin' good implementation of a free service.


I have asked it politely for at least three years and many times in this thread, but never even got one comment from anyone...

Of course I don't know the factors involved, but at least it got someone's attention this time, though not from the game developers...
posty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 94
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests