Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby J35J » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Just dropping in to pay my routine homage to the Genie for all his work and being an open line of communication with the Cafe. You are more appreciated than you can imagine, and hopefully the Cafe constituancy makes that obvious.

;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 am

yup, Genie your participation makes me feel like Yahoo! really wants the voice of the customer, and should some whiners ever test your resolve let me know ;-D . I can only hope your new CEO lets you log into The Cafe from work instead of home where you used to work from.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby bali dawgs » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 am

It's probably a silly question, but will Gyorko be added prior to the season starting? Especially with him favored to win the starting 2b gig in SD.

Thanks.
bali dawgs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fantasyfiend » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 am

Genie, please add the stat "Isolated Power" to the league customization.

Isolated Power or ISO is a sabermetrics baseball statistic which measures a batter's raw power. The formula is Slugging Percentage minus Batting Average, which removes all the singles that are included in SLG%. The final result measures how many extra bases a player averages per at bat.

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolated_Power
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby daullaz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

bali dawgs wrote:It's probably a silly question, but will Gyorko be added prior to the season starting? Especially with him favored to win the starting 2b gig in SD.

Thanks.

He's already in there at 3B, but your league has to use "As soon as Yahoo adds them" for the "New players available" option.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Okay. I believe Teheran (and Grimm) are now SP's in game. The only remaining detail is that live drafts today will not be able to see him as an SP. That will resolve tomorrow.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby bixo9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Okay. I believe Teheran (and Grimm) are now SP's in game. The only remaining detail is that live drafts today will not be able to see him as an SP. That will resolve tomorrow.

Yep, I see them as SPs in my league.

Thanks Eugenius. I joined the cafe just for your forum. ;-D
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby SteveJeltzPhanClub » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Okay. I believe Teheran (and Grimm) are now SP's in game. The only remaining detail is that live drafts today will not be able to see him as an SP. That will resolve tomorrow.

This is awesome. You are the man, Genie!
SteveJeltzPhanClub
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bixo9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
bayside wrote:
bixo9 wrote:

Have a button, when ever manually pressed, would "auto" pick a player. Nothing complicated. I had three people miss the off-line draft in my 12 team league, and that would have been very helpful.
and how would that button know which players have been picked already and which ones havent? Do you just keeping clicking the button until it selects a player that nobody owns? Maybe yahoo should just install an Easy Button!

I imagine he's suggesting this would be integrated with the current tool to enter offline draft results. That being said:
- Nothing dictates that you must enter the picks in order
- Typically the whole point of an offline draft is that you aren't rushed and can be accommodating of managers that aren't immediately available, so I don't really understand the use case of a commish having to offline draft for someone.
- Even if this is a legit use case, I've never heard anyone ask for it before. So my guess is that even if we ever did such a thing, it would be a very low priority.

For the record, in the past when my personal league did an offline draft, each pick was slotted into a scheduled time. If your time came and went and you chose not to pick, then you made your proverbial bed. The draft would roll onwards without you, and you could make your pick whenever you did happen to come around, from whatever players still hadn't been taken.

I suppose another common use case for offline draft is people who like drafting in person and then entering results later. I'd again think a much more common solution in these cases would be to either schedule a time everyone could make it, or tell the owner who couldn't make it to send a proxy (other than the commish...)

Yeah, the use case is using the offline tool to execute the offline draft while lit at some bar.

Still would be nice to have that button.

I like the Staple's Easy Button suggestion. Here are a few other.
"Survey Says"
"Are You Feeling Lucky Punk?"
"Don't Press This Shiny Red Button!"
"I'm Feeling Lucky"

P.S.
We'll follow that suggestion to skip someone's turn if they miss their time limit. Or maybe press a button if they exceed their limit.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bixo9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Bravos of Steel wrote:This might be something small, but I thought Yahoo used to send email notifications whenever any trade was accepted in the league (not just with my team). We just had 2 other teams finish off a trade, and didn't receive an email notification.

I do have the setting set to receive emails for Fantasy Baseball Events (pending trades, etc). I really liked being kept in the loop there, so I was curious. Thanks Genie ;-D

Or better yet, the option to receive an email/alert on any league transaction. Add/Drop, Waiver, Trade.
bixo9
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers